Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Thrasher187
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever had a standard holly float get crushed by high fuel pressure (15psi) with a boost regulated regulator on a blower application? My engine guy said I need phenolic floats that come in the marine conversion kit on ebay for $62 each. I have never heard of this. I just bought 2 new holly 750 blower carbs and know I need to swap the vents to j tubes, but the floats too? I am ok with spending the money but I am curious.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Anyone ever had a standard holly float get crushed by high fuel pressure (15psi) with a boost regulated regulator on a blower application? My engine guy said I need phenolic floats that come in the marine conversion kit on ebay for $62 each. I have never heard of this. I just bought 2 new holly 750 blower carbs and know I need to swap the vents to j tubes, but the floats too? I am ok with spending the money but I am curious.
They aren't called "phenloic" they are "nitrophyl" floats.
Is this a roots type blower, or a blow thru centri or turbo deal? Why are you boost referencing the regulator?

I take it that because you have 2 carbs that it is a roots type blower. You do not hook the regulator to the manifold for reference on a roots blown deal. Set the fuel pressure at 6, max 7 PSI at idle and check it at WOT at max RPM and make sure you have at least 5 psi a WOT.

You do not need the J tubes if the engine is not enclosed. You only need them for enclosed engine compartments.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
:iagree:

Steve, GN7 is right.

Roots blown engines don't need nitrophyl floats or a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. 6-7psi fuel pressure. NO more.

The floats and boost referenced fuel pressure regulator are mandatory in a blow through set-up, with a centrifugal supercharger or turbo charger.

If you are doing a blow through, yes brass floats will crush.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.