Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I heard a rumor about a new drag boat club forming in the Phoenix area. Anybody know anything?

a drag boat club, why?? I hope your'e talking 1/4 mile drags and not the fags that dess up like girl fags.

I don't know how a club like that could function, it's not like you can run wide open on these lakes in the spring through fall. And I've never seen or heard of Firebird renting out the lake, other than to water ski teams.

I know the racing clubs around here need 100 cars to break even to pay the track rent, plus outside safety crews.

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
I heard a rumor about a new drag boat club forming in the Phoenix area. Anybody know anything?
Wait until fall. First Saturday in October at Bartlett lake (SB Cove/Flats area). Its not official, but its as close to a club as Phoenix has right now.

Attachments

·
Re - Member?
768 Posts
boat club?

Suppose it takes members to make a club and if no one knows anything or doesn't want to share info w/ those that might be interested in joining can't say that be much of a club any of us local boaters would want to be a part of. Lucas Oil is starting a new dragboat assoc. of which I know some ex- IHBA peeps are going to help but other than the 2 races at Firebird and San Diego all others will be in the mid-west (TX, Missouri and OK) NJBA that races in Bakersfield is the only alternative.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
I'm just messing with my good friend Billy guys. I know I'm not one of the PHOENIX racers so why would I be part of it. I'm just a poor local guy who loves to boat.

Heck getting people to show up to a get together is hard enough. I can't imagine a club where you have an expectation to commit here in central AZ. Or any other part of AZ right now. Times are tough.

Good luck anyways guys.

Besides with all the rules and all. You all know how I do with rules. :D

The club I'm in is already the best in AZ. Folks from Yuma, Peoria, Glendale, Scottsdale, Goodyear, Phoenix, Queen Creek, Chandler, Gold Canyon, AJ, Gilbert, Colorado (the state) and Mesa AZ are in it. Maybe a Black Canyon guy could show up so we could though him into the mix. :D From time to time these boaters do mix it up. This club is filled with friends :)devil Sh!t there all friends>>>!

Summertime is just around the corner! Cant wait to see all those friends.

2,056 Posts
Suppose it takes members to make a club and if no one knows anything or doesn't want to share info w/ those that might be interested in joining can't say that be much of a club any of us local boaters would want to be a part of. Lucas Oil is starting a new dragboat assoc. of which I know some ex- IHBA peeps are going to help but other than the 2 races at Firebird and San Diego all others will be in the mid-west (TX, Missouri and OK) NJBA that races in Bakersfield is the only alternative.
O dam.. Someone must have forgotten to tell you.. Hoo da thunk it..

:)sphss

You can't have members if nothing is official yet.. :)sphss Furthermore you can't talk just to hear yourself talk if you aren't saying anything.. That said, I sent a PM to one of the organizers to see if I can entice him to spill the beans..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts