Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got Beer?
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the recent health change of my dog (seizures) I can no longer leave him home without a fence around the pool.... I know, I know I never should have - that is water under the bridge and want to get a fence up...

Looking for suggestions or a contact in the OC....Mission Viejo area.

THANK YOU

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Yeah, while we're at it.....How about anyone that does block walls around the Corona area. Need a wall around the backyard and pool that's being dug as we speak.
Rio

·
Got Beer?
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Also looking for suggestions of what type of fence you would go with or not go with.

Thanks again :)devil

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pool Safety

I always recommend using either vinyl or ornamental aluminum fencing. Every manufacturer I know of has style designed specifically to meet the pool code. Most areas of the country require the fence to be a minimum of 48 inches tall (some areas require 60 inches). There are other requirements such as the distance between the horizontal backers and between the pickets. The gate needs to be self-closing and self-latching. The part of the latch you pull on to open the gate needs to be a minimum of 54 inches from the bottom of the gate (not the ground). Some people might try to tell you the latch needs to be on the inside of the fence, they are flat out wrong.

Below are some links to a couple of articles on this subject:

Blueprint for pool gate safety

Does my latch need to be mounted on the inside of the fence?

Beware of latches "pretending" to be the Magna Latch

How to install a gate in the middle of a brick column or block wall

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
If you want to save a ton of money, you can go to HD and buy the ornamental black fencing and do it yourself VERY EASILY. Just need a concrete bit, some red heads, and an angle grinder for trimming. Should be around 600-800 to buy the fence and you can do them in a day. We've done several for the foreclosures. Once you decide your starting point every 5' length goes in, in about 25 minutes each section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts