Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to see some photos of drivelines with a jetaway installed. By the looks of it, the shortest possible driveshaft I could have made up utilizing two u-joints would be about 3 1/4 inches. I'm trying to figure out how far forward I'll have to position my motor to fit all this in the new boat.

I know the only way to do this is to have the pump installed and actually have the driveshaft, but I'd like to at least get a rough idea.

Thanks in advance

Dan

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
What someone should give you is the actually dimensions of the Jet-a-way's (length) so you could roughly mock it up.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the jetaway already installed on the pump with u-joint so that's a given. I guess the missing link is the driveshaft itself. I'm not sure just how short they can make em and still have two u-joints. The intake position is going to be roughly where it was give or take an 1/16" - 1/8" or so (fudge factor). I guess once I see how short the u-joint can/will be, I can get a pretty good idea of where everything will end up. Since I had the pump set back on the Kachina and left the motor where it was, I've got about a 3 1/4" extended drive shaft from the stock coupler, otherwise I'd just re-use it.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Measure the amount of useable spline coming off the end of the jetaway. Measure how much spline is available in the driveline yoke. Machine the yoke down as needed. There is usually excess spline length on the driveline.

·
not ******
718 Posts
Heres mine

let me know if you want other angle this is the only one i have here at work. can take others when i get home if you want.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
When installing a Jetaway, the front of the Jetaway shaft will be 4 1/8" further forward than the front of the pump shaft was. Write it down!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts