Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Todd just called and said he is shooting the "King of the Strip" in a 30' Skater on Sunday morning. Looks like we will have time to fit in a couple of boats for those that are awake that early.

Post pics here if you have interest.

No meeting spot determined yet. Open to suggestions.

·
3,246 Posts
Todd just called and said he is shooting the "King of the Strip" in a 30' Skater on Sunday morning. Looks like we will have time to fit in a couple of boats for those that are awake that early.

Is this Kelly's white Skater?

·
Registered
368 Posts
WOW!!! That big of a boat can run down there? I have always hear it is really shallow.
I've been up and down the whole strip and is not bad. Just keep an eye on the Water Levels. Also, I wont be making it out to Havi this weekend, sooner or later we'll hook up out there. Have a Fun & Safe Weekend out there man!

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I grew up on Parker strip in the late 60s and early 70s and there was NOTHING over 21' ever.

Personally I think there should be some type of size limit. 32' and no twins.

Last year JW and I were running down Parker in his Schiada whaler when a 42' Fountain and 40' Skater blazed by us. I bet they can't make a 180 turn at even 1/4 throttle. Those boats should really run in Havasu or bigger water.

OK so now everybody can blaze me.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rivergames
Not sure if its Kelly's. Todd just called me an hour ago and asked if we would be interested in some of the pics for the magazine.
Shoot is officially between Todd and the owner of the boat. However since Todd will be down there and I am meeting up with RD; we
might as well make the most of it and shoot some of our members and their wares.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
If it was already on the cover of your previous employer AND in a major motion picture, would you still be interested?

·
Some guy
3,645 Posts

I know of a couple of FAST Stokers that are up there at Parker already, have checked with one owner and he is willing to meet for photos,, assume the other one would be as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Parker Shoot

Yes it was Kelly's 32 Skater and His friends 25 Fire Hawk Bad Attitude. The conditions were awesome with a hazy sunny day, It was like shooting in a studio from a helicopter. :)devil

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Yes it was Kelly's 32 Skater and His friends 25 Fire Hawk Bad Attitude. The conditions were awesome with a hazy sunny day, It was like shooting in a studio from a helicopter. :)devil
That would be Ron from Bad Attitude Boats.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Serpico

Send the pics directly to Brett when you can. Nice when overcast for photos but can be bumpy ride sometimes. How was the ride??

·
Registered
19,887 Posts
I grew up on Parker strip in the late 60s and early 70s and there was NOTHING over 21' ever.

Personally I think there should be some type of size limit. 32' and no twins.

Last year JW and I were running down Parker in his Schiada whaler when a 42' Fountain and 40' Skater blazed by us. I bet they can't make a 180 turn at even 1/4 throttle. Those boats should really run in Havasu or bigger water.

OK so now everybody can blaze me.
hey king remember when this went off the hook on size limits..like 5 pages in a few days after i posted up on the first page...
.http://www.performanceboats.com/pb-open-water/40394-did-you-see.html

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mouzer-

Checked it. Was interesting read. I know that most don't want any restrictions on river but ultimately it will be dictated by boaters using their common sense and boating etiquette. Did I spell that write? LOL.

Anyway, I just think that the Parker strip is a special place that should be limited to boats under 30'.

Up at Topock; if a driver navigates properly he can run from Parker Dam all the way up to almost Laughlin. So that is a great long trip of significant distance worthy of some larger rockets. From 20' to 42' all day long. Although I would rather be in a 28' or larger. :D

·
Registered
19,887 Posts
i know ..im 51 yrs old when i was 10 to 15 or so we had a place on the strip az side with a dock and launch ramp..we had a flatbottom and the eve we would sit out side and the water was swirling smooth and you could here them comeing ...hydros or flats we would run out on the dock and watch them go by at 80 to 100 + mph it was awsome .....its sad it had to change....i also wish just the strip had a size limit and know wakeboard boats and no jet skiis...and a der weinersnitzel on the corner............just dreamin....my kid wakeboards and we all ride some skiis now and then.......this would be my perfect paradise;)

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I AGREE. I hate most jet skiers. Teenagers not paying attention or riding too closely to the back of the boat. As for the tournament boats; I wish they would stay on their own private lakes.

·
08 Lighting Custom Boat
869 Posts
I've been up and down the whole strip and is not bad. Just keep an eye on the Water Levels. Also, I wont be making it out to Havi this weekend, sooner or later we'll hook up out there. Have a Fun & Safe Weekend out there man!
Really?? Well I don't think I'll run my boat down there anytime soon. I was looking for you this weekend. I'll be I touch soon:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts