Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Photoshop 6 now on an old computer with windows98..if I get a new computer will this version of photoshop run on the newer windows operating systems..thanks..

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Yes.

and much faster. :)

You will likely need to run the updates from Adobe if it's an old version of 6. Not sure on that. But it will run. I am still running a copy of 6 on one of my XP Pro machines. I also run 7 and CS3.

I have never tried 6 on Vista but I would think it should run fine.

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CD

Yes.

and much faster. :)
If I can't find my original CD and password, can I copy and paste my existing photoshop 6 from my old computer and transfer it directly to the new computer without the original photoshop CD?

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Shouldn't need any updates. I have a very old version of 6 running on my new Vista laptop, and my firewall doesn't allow the computer to speak with Adobe. ;)

RTJas :D

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
If I can't find my original CD and password, can I copy and paste my existing photoshop 6 from my old computer and transfer it directly to the new computer without the original photoshop CD?
You will likely need a program like Norton Ghost to make that work. I'll leave that question to someone with experience doing it. That's not me.

Adobe requires CD's for all installs. They're pretty dialed in and strict on that.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
You shouldn't need a "password", you'll just need the serial number of the version. Write it down from the start screen on the old computer, and enter it when asked during the install on the new computer.....I think that'll work.... :)sphss

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CD

You shouldn't need a "password", you'll just need the serial number of the version. Write it down from the start screen on the old computer, and enter it when asked during the install on the new computer.....I think that'll work.... :)sphss
What if I can't find my original CD? I've been looking all morning for it..

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
What if I can't find my original CD? I've been looking all morning for it..
I THINK you can copy all the Adobe files in the programs folder onto a CD, and put them in the programs folder on the new computer. There should be an .exe file in there or some sort of install file. It'll handle it from there....just have that sn handy when you run it.

I just had to go back to 6 from CS3. My Vista machine was only happy with CS3 until I installed GoLive....I still think it'll work, but I haven't played with it for a while. I can get by on 6, but I miss a few things about CS3.

RTJas :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts