1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Zacho, moar pics man. I am diggin what I see:))THumbsUp

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Very cool. How long will that material last for them?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Very cool. How long will that material last for them?
The trees are dead from the Aspen fire 9+ years ago, and I'd rather use this wood than anything I could get from a yard. Basically the best wood I've worked with. Rotten wood usually comes from bad drainage and or neglect, so hopefully this will last years to come. As far as splinters, the natural aging of hardwood has created a texture that is super smooth tho the touch. I've gotten more metal splinters from cuttin/welding the posts than any of the wood work. I'll take some pics and post em up this evening...

·
Apache Lake Monger
917 Posts
Last time we took a cruise up the Lemmon we were amazed at the "new cabins" This one will fit right in, :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I lived in that area, I'd look ya up after seeing these pics. But I live in Louisiana.
:))THumbsUp. Id like to see/watch the progress, hopefully you start a thread.

AZKC
Last time we took a cruise up the Lemmon we were amazed at the "new cabins" This one will fit right in,

I started up there a couple months after the fire and have built 9 cabins from frame to finish, and worked on many more. My first was the Living Rainbow, and this the latest.

I took some pics earlier today of other parts of the home and will put those up a little later.
Hopefully more people will put up pics of their own houses or projects they're are working on! :))THumbsUp

1 - 20 of 52 Posts