Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've alway​s dream​ed of..... been dream​ing of being​ a pilot​ and flyin​g by mysel​f my whole​ life.​.​.​ Today​ my dream​s came true.​.​.​.​.​ My first​ Solo Fligh​t.​.​.​.​ :)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Congrats..........very cool!:)devil

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys....

I've been learning in Lake Havasu. The plane is owned by Ted he is like a second father to me. He's known me sense age five. We fly all over place air shows stuff like that. We've even land at Wheelers Ranch... LOL it's in the desert.

·
3,246 Posts
CONGRATS MIKE!!! So when can we see video of the barrel rolls?:D

·
Registered
656 Posts
CONGRATS!!! Very cool. How'd it go? What were you flying? Be careful, it's addicting. I took my kids up in a Cessna 172 today (I own a Piper Comanche, but it's high performance/complex, and I'm still getting trained for that). We flew from La Verne, to Palos Verdes, down the coast and back to La Verne. Nothing like it! Fly Safe! :)devil

Nevermind, I jus noticed the video.....Duh. Very cool!!!

BTW, nice squeaker on the landing. Especially nice since the camera was rolling. Looks like an exp. plane?

·
164 Posts
solo

I flew out of Havasu On Sunday, weather was perfect. You will never forget this day, knowing that your security blanket (instructor) was not there is sobering. congratulations, Greg

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've been learning in Lake Havasu. The plane is owned by Ted he is like a second father to me. He's known me sense age five. We fly all over place air shows stuff like that. We've even land at Wheelers Ranch... LOL it's in the desert.
Mike, I found a picture of one of your visits.

Attachments

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Congrats Mike, One of the proudest moments of my life was when I passed my checkride and got my ticket. Just remember, your ticket is your "ticket to learn".
Go gettum SkyKing!
Rio

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
Real men fly Helicopters.......;)

Congrats.....the first solo is a huge accomplishment. When I did mine, I looked over to the passenger seat and just started laughing.:D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Congrats, it is a big deal once your off the ground. A quick look in the cockpit and your all alone. Good job and good luck finishing. Stick with it. A lot of people loose interest after the solo.

Andy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts