Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the silver bullet!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody else having trouble with these things ,seems every weekend we tie up one of them loses the ball bearings . i called eddie marine and had them send me a [email protected]$ load of ball bearings ,did i just get a bad batch or what???????.what sucks is mine are attached to my ropes otherwise i'd just buy new ones !!!!!TUNNEL T

P.S. all dcb's pin cleats are at different lengths also( retarded )!!!!!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Either the staking on the pin is not right allowing the pins to fall out externally, or the center shaft is backing off letting the balls fall down and out through the center.

Either way, fixing them can be a pain with ropes attached. We might be able to help, I would hve to see them to determine the exact issue.

·
the silver bullet!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Either the staking on the pin is not right allowing the pins to fall out externally, or the center shaft is backing off letting the balls fall down and out through the center.

Either way, fixing them can be a pain with ropes attached. We might be able to help, I would hve to see them to determine the exact issue.
i appreciate you posting , you are correct it's the center shaft being a little small it does seem loose , i tried wrapping some teflon tape around it seemed to work a little better we'll see !!!! it's the rope attached ones that really suck. are there replacement parts

·
Islander Transient
1,839 Posts
I had the same problem TT.
Since I bought his boat I had the same problem :D

Actually I only had 1 that had a problem. The pin cleats are threaded and you have to keep them tight or the pin/grooves will get out of alignment with the ball bearings and they will fall out. You can tell when it's happening because the pins will become difficult to set/release. I don't have one with me so I can't tell you how they tighten, but I know they are threaded. Since I fixed the one I have had no problems.

G

·
Guess I'm lucky, never had a problem with mine and I use them all the time. Even bought a couple more pins so I have a set with ropes and a set with bumpers, no issues with any of them. Mine are all the same size.

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
726 Posts
anybody else having trouble with these things ,seems every weekend we tie up one of them loses the ball bearings . i called eddie marine and had them send me a [email protected]$ load of ball bearings ,did i just get a bad batch or what???????.what sucks is mine are attached to my ropes otherwise i'd just buy new ones !!!!!TUNNEL T

P.S. all dcb's pin cleats are at different lengths also( retarded )!!!!!
I had the same problem - they even 'bent' because I used them as my dock ties as well. DCB installed cleats for me a few winters ago and I paid to replace all of the pin cleats. Eddie's said it was 'impossible' for them to bend. Needless to say, I sent two of them back to them with no response. IMO - they are not the best quality out there and I'm shocked DCB continues to use them.

Roln 20s

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.