Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever been there? on our campiing trip this week we passed it and it looked like a pretty cool spot. seemed pretty uncrowded and the water was glass both times we drove by.... whats the story with this place? anyone ever been?

· Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
Used to be my primary boating spot when I lived in Fresno. It's a pretty big lake (bigger than Millerton)...1,000,000 acre feet of water when full, but right now they're up to 63% which is still pretty decent.

Best launch locations are Lake Ridge Marina and Island Park/Driftwood. If you're coming from Fresno up Trimmer Springs Rd, you'll come to a fork in the road at the top of the hill. Taking the right fork will take you to the marina, while taking the left fork and continuing in for about 3 miles will take you to Island Park.

Also, on that right fork on the way to the marina there's the "I Forgot Store" (that's the store's actual name), and they have gas, beer, bait, bilge plugs, etc etc. Since it's an ACE lake, it's only $3 to launch, pay with money in an envelope you fill out and place in the drop box near the ramp. There's a ticket on the envelope that you tear off and place on your dashboard to show that you payed. Or if you have an annual ACE launch pass, those are honored at Pine Flat.

The up side is the marina has a mini mart (for more beer :D) and they have fuel on the water. Downside, like any other lake with roll bar boats, it can get pretty choppy. But there's a few coves that are decent for hangout spots off the main body.

· Registered
320 Posts
it's the only lake i go to.. a few people on the boards frequent pine flat. I always thought it was smaller then millerton but i don't know for sure. the pluses are way less rollbar and lake lice, then millerton, managable afternoon water (unlike millerton). the major major downsides and the reason most people don't go there is the launch ramps and parking sucks something horrible (especially as the water level gets higher).

· Registered
83 Posts
Lies:)

Pine Flat sucks. Choppy water, no beaches, limited parking, no good coves to hang out in. You go during the week and the water is calm and all the fishermen flip you off. Who want's to deal with that crap?

:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.