Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Looks like it will be a nice place. Gives us another option rather than Topoc.

$250 a night for the places on the water seems a bit high.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
funny that you bring this place up today Patrick. I just stopped by there on my way home today to check it out.

I was looking for the resuraunt and bar and walked into the general store... lots of clothing and some essentials for a day on the boat... I was told that they are expected to begin building the resurant and bar very soon, they are shooting to have it open the weekend before the memorial holiday crowd.

I was going to get some photos but not really much going on yet around there... however the signs all look cool!

·
Registered
590 Posts
funny that you bring this place up today Patrick. I just stopped by there on my way home today to check it out.

I was looking for the resuraunt and bar and walked into the general store... lots of clothing and some essentials for a day on the boat... I was told that they are expected to begin building the resurant and bar very soon, they are shooting to have it open the weekend before the memorial holiday crowd.

I was going to get some photos but not really much going on yet around there... however the signs all look cool!

They havent started and they want to have it open for Memorial day? This year?

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
some of the logos and even the name of the bar look very similar to the nautical inn and the naked turtle....I hope its not the same crackheads that own the nautical inn because that actually looks like a nice place.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
They havent started and they want to have it open for Memorial day? This year?
From what I heard, Modular building is being brought in around April 1st for the restaurant and bar so they could be done by end of April. Cabins are already there..2 story park models just waiting to be set and hooked up...(on site in storage for now)
I heard there was some kind of enviormental deal going on with the Moabi Chub or what ever that thing is called that was delaying the project.. but I heard a truck full of these critters (yes I know fish) were brought in within the last few weeks and dumped in the marina so I guess that solves that problem....;)

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
From what I've heard it's the old owner of the Naked Turtle, had to change the name due to non-compete or something. This has been going on for nearly 2 years or more. IMO won't be ready or open this summer. I have also heard he has a partner out of LV that has run into some cash flow problems.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
From what I've heard it's the old owner of the Naked Turtle, had to change the name due to non-compete or something. This has been going on for nearly 2 years or more. IMO won't be ready or open this summer. I have also heard he has a partner out of LV that has run into some cash flow problems.
that would suck, however the person I spoke to there yesterday did not indicate anything other than there are hoping to be open the weekend before the memorial weekend...

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
That`s ODD

They are advertising for all positions,from Marina,Bartenders,Servers on and on. I find hard to believe as of last weekend looking for good help and not moving forward. Then again your post may be another case of starting Rumors and throwing S*** around instead of Facts or just positive support for a place that will be an Asset to all who use the River.IMO

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
that would suck, however the person I spoke to there yesterday did not indicate anything other than there are hoping to be open the weekend before the memorial weekend...
All this info comes from a good friend of mine that may and I say may do the landscape for this project. His company is based out of LV and he kinda keeps me informed about this deal.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
They are advertising for all positions,from Marina,Bartenders,Servers on and on. I find hard to believe as of last weekend looking for good help and not moving forward. Then again your post may be another case of starting Rumors and throwing S*** around instead of Facts or just positive support for a place that will be an Asset to all who use the River.IMO
IMO your an ass. Read my post, I can assure you I have more info not rumors to voice my opinion than you do. This project has been in the works for at least 2 years, who cares about signs. I never threw any shit around, if I did point it out. You may in the future take basic english 101 and learn to comprehend what is written. You must be a cornicopia of knowledge on this project so feel free to fill all of us in.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
There you go again

IMO your an ass. Read my post, I can assure you I have more info not rumors to voice my opinion than you do. This project has been in the works for at least 2 years, who cares about signs. I never threw any shit around, if I did point it out. You may in the future take basic english 101 and learn to comprehend what is written. You must be a cornicopia of knowledge on this project so feel free to fill all of us in.
You were the one who had first hand knowledge from the landscaper,I just can`t understand why advertising for employees when not opening for a year or ? I will make it a point to drive up there and find out first hand and then may be able to sort truth from fiction.Until that time I will let you continue control of the progress or lack of the Pirate Cove Project as You have the info.:)hand

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
First Hand Info.

I just called the Office there and was assured the restaurant and Cabins will be open the Weekend before Memorial Day.They are taking reservations,hiring staff and everything is a "GO" :)

1 - 20 of 289 Posts