Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Twin squirt guns.
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have never been to Pismo before but my parents are on their summer RV tour and will be stopping at Pismo this weekend. So...I decided I wanna drag the Rhino up there. We are staying at Pismo Coast Village RV park with them.

We are headed up Saturday morning, getting there around 10:00am. I am driving a 4x4 F150 dragging a 12' trailer with the Rhino. My dad has a Jeep Liberty he wants to drive on the beach.

How far is Oceano Dunes from there? I am guessing I can't drive the Rhino from the RV park.
Do the kids need helmets in the back seat? I will make them wear them but wondered if it is mandatory?
I have never been in the sand with the Rhino. What should my tire pressure be? Do I need to worry about getting stuck? I am used to riding in Havasu.

Any tips? Thanks for the help!

·
Lovin' IT!
827 Posts
You might want to ask over on RDs Place..Riverbounds mom has a house in Pismo.
Bill is in Alaska right now and may not answer right away.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
WASH your rhino 10 times when you get home! And WD40 everything.... moocho salt in that sand ! you dont want a rust bucket in a few weeks. Have fun......

G

·
Have never been to Pismo before but my parents are on their summer RV tour and will be stopping at Pismo this weekend. So...I decided I wanna drag the Rhino up there. We are staying at Pismo Coast Village RV park with them.

We are headed up Saturday morning, getting there around 10:00am. I am driving a 4x4 F150 dragging a 12' trailer with the Rhino. My dad has a Jeep Liberty he wants to drive on the beach.

How far is Oceano Dunes from there? I am guessing I can't drive the Rhino from the RV park.
Do the kids need helmets in the back seat? I will make them wear them but wondered if it is mandatory?
I have never been in the sand with the Rhino. What should my tire pressure be? Do I need to worry about getting stuck? I am used to riding in Havasu.

Any tips? Thanks for the help!
on the last trip, I saw a few kids in the backseat without helmets. I even saw one infant in a child seat.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Air down to about 4 lbs and keep it in 4wheel drive. You should be good to go. Momentum is everything in the sand. Or if you want to come to Pasadena I have a set of paddles you can borrow. They make a huge difference in the sand.

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
I would imagine that the Pismo sand is a little easier to run on than the sugar sand in Glamis and I just aired down to like 5 lbs in the rear, 10 up front, and really didn't use 4WD but a few times, and that was without paddles. Pismo does look like fun!!! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
The rhino will be fine in the sand. Just air down the tires to at least 6lbs. You should be able to go everywhere.

You will have to trailer the rhino onto the beach.

I will be there this weekend as well. If you want another rhino to cruise with let me know.

·
Slum Lord
2,802 Posts
Might be better to just rent something up there and save the towing expense. I just drove up/down the beach last week while on a trip...they got tons of rental units up there, including some pretty nice buggies.
It was pretty busy even though it was midweek:)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I would imagine that the Pismo sand is a little easier to run on than the sugar sand in Glamis and I just aired down to like 5 lbs in the rear, 10 up front, and really didn't use 4WD but a few times, and that was without paddles. Pismo does look like fun!!! :D
When i go to glamis i usually have to drive out onto the sand to camp.I let out less air towing the same load vs pisso where i have to drop about 5 pounds more out.

As for the original question just air down the rhino and drive.Have seen stock ones do fine the hills are smaller but still fun overall

·
just a member
592 Posts
I saw lots of rhino's out there when I was at Pismo for New Years. everyone has already given you the good advice. air down and you have to town your rhino in. if you get a day pass, i think you have to be out of there by like 11pm. there are cool/fun night time rhino, quad and truck races around a bowl called Competition Hill.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.