Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped a valve and put a hole in the piston. It was a .30 454 I ahve no idea what these pistons were. I was hoping maybe someone might know who made these. The only markings on the pistons is the bottom, where the number 252-97 is stampted. Any help as to who made these would be appreciated.

·
Gone
1,825 Posts
You need to clean one of them up...and take a picture. Clean the top real good as there may be a number.
I don't think the other number you found will do much good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I had the motor apart last time, there were no makings on the top of the pistons. Those numbers are the only markings to be found.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If it's a cast piston I'd take it to a GOOD machine shop if you cant find any numbers on the top of the piston, they might be able to identify it or even have one in stock.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, It is a dome. I just have a pic os the sies and the tore up top. I'll Post those up for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks like a TRW to me but thats a guess, there should be some #'s on the top. I have a set in the garage and they look really close.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Appears to be a TRW/Speed-Pro forging. The number on the underside is a forging number and not a part number. Speed-Pro has the part number stamped [early] and etched [late] on the top of the piston and should look like "L XXXX-F .0X0" if oversize. If someone massaged the tops of the pistons the numbers more than likely will be ground off.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts