Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point do you need to run a vacuum pump ? Building a 468, 11-1 comp., 049 heads, 6.385 eagle rods, forged gm crank, looking at Mahle rings, they list low medium & standard rings, would I need a vacuum pump for a 15 lb. oil ring. Trying to free up friction but at same time want to stay away from added cost of the vacuum pump. Also building a 496 a after this build, wanting to go pro charger with a blow through dominator on the 496 , so trying to save a little coin for the big motor. thanks, Phil

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
At what point do you need to run a vacuum pump ? Building a 468, 11-1 comp., 049 heads, 6.385 eagle rods, forged gm crank, looking at Mahle rings, they list low medium & standard rings, would I need a vacuum pump for a 15 lb. oil ring. Trying to free up friction but at same time want to stay away from added cost of the vacuum pump. Also building a 496 a after this build, wanting to go pro charger with a blow through dominator on the 496 , so trying to save a little coin for the big motor. thanks, Phil
Brand new late model cars are running 3 MM oil rings and no vacuum pump.
I would run a exhaust e-vac for sure. If not, then you need to consider standard rings.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts