Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys riddle me this......
My Place Div uses a Bennett V351 hydr pump. Pump has 4 total solenoids. 2 under the cover (output) and 2 out (return). Now my nozzle moves up and down fine from all the way up into the straight position. Now once it goes down below straight it won't come back up? Basically gets stuck in the down position. Figuring it was a bad solenoid and trying to troubleshoot I swapped the hydraulic lines at the pump. (so the "up" button moves the nozzle down). It works fine that way! All the way up and all the way down without a hickup. Switched em back and back to getting stuck in the down position????????????????????????????????????????HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Leave 'em swapped?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Might make sure the solenoids are screwed in tight, i just had on that was acting flaky and 3 of the solenoids were loose.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Ok guys riddle me this......
My Place Div uses a Bennett V351 hydr pump. Pump has 4 total solenoids. 2 under the cover (output) and 2 out (return). Now my nozzle moves up and down fine from all the way up into the straight position. Now once it goes down below straight it won't come back up? Basically gets stuck in the down position. Figuring it was a bad solenoid and trying to troubleshoot I swapped the hydraulic lines at the pump. (so the "up" button moves the nozzle down). It works fine that way! All the way up and all the way down without a hickup. Switched em back and back to getting stuck in the down position????????????????????????????????????????HELP PLEASE
Hate say it but it sound like an internal motor pump issue , however it may be some as simple as needing a super good Power and ground connection , use a digital multimeter to verify an honest 12 V coming back to the motor and run the shortest pump gound possible , re the solenoids , take thumb and fore finger and twist like tweeking a Ni**le , they should be only very slightly tight (to a very light seat) If you have a high pressure guage( 0 to 300 + psi) you can check the pump output ,please don't hesistate to call if we can help Tom

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hate say it but it sound like an internal motor pump issue , however it may be some as simple as needing a super good Power and ground connection , use a digital multimeter to verify an honest 12 V coming back to the motor and run the shortest pump gound possible , re the solenoids , take thumb and fore finger and twist like tweeking a Ni**le , they should be only very slightly tight (to a very light seat) If you have a high pressure guage( 0 to 300 + psi) you can check the pump output ,please don't hesistate to call if we can help Tom
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts