Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Young & Dumb
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a manual Place Diverter control work with my berk jet? I don't see why it wouldnt. And will i have to replace my current line with place diverters line? THANKS

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
What is on your pump now, a Place Diverter or something else like a Jet-O-Vator? Are you asking about the hand control or the pump end?
A Place Diverter unit absoultly will work on a Berkley.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Will a manual Place Diverter control work with my berk jet? I don't see why it wouldnt. And will i have to replace my current line with place diverters line? THANKS
Are you asking if the Place manual controller with work with a JetoVater? if so yes and whether it will need a different cable (43C or BC) depends on what type control you currently have (manual or electric) Tom

·
Young & Dumb
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What i'm hoping will work is i can just hook a manual place diverter control to my current line. My concern is disconnecting the cable, don't want to break anything.
IMG_6587.jpg
IMG_3142.jpg

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What i'm hoping will work is i can just hook a manual place diverter control to my current line. My concern is disconnecting the cable, don't want to break anything.
View attachment 225282
View attachment 225274
That Trimetric controller and the Place unit both use the "clamp and flat type" 43"C" connection on the controller end, The Place controller will use a Heim joint at the controller pivot but otherwize your golden ..

·
Banned
861 Posts
I have seen these in friends boats. Always seem to be very hard to move, like the geometry is not as good as a Plce Diverter. There is also less notches that both in turn make it more difficult to find the angle you might want in a performance type application. :rolleyes:

·
Young & Dumb
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a 78 infinity. The trimetric is really hard to move, I have to be almost stopped to move it. This past summer the one tooth broke and part of the handle broke.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My buddy has the same setup and has to let off the throttle to adjust. In my opinion, I would get the place handle.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got the same handle and glad I'm not the only one that finds it hard to move!! Easy to move the nozzle down but have to let off the gas to get it to move up!! Keep us informed on your adventures with a new handle, I'm pondering the same thing!!

By the way, nice boat!:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
243 Posts
By the way, are you running the old school jetovator at the pump or is it a place diverter setup? Mines a jetovator and if yours is I'm even more interested in your progress updates!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
It's a 78 infinity. The trimetric is really hard to move, I have to be almost stopped to move it. This past summer the one tooth broke and part of the handle broke.
The leverage factor is diffenerent , the Older Trimetric Cav plate controllers have nearly a 3/4 inch difference from lever fulrum point to lower pivot the lack of leverage makes for more difficult action , especially underway The levearge, and "throw" need to be proportionate and relative to the lever at the opposite end. I have a similar controller on my personal boat that works fine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts