Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever had any luck by machining the upper half on there diverter to get a few mor degrees of roost. looks like that it can be done easily. 12e with hyd diverter thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
it would be much easier to put in a wedge between your bowl & divirter.

Ken

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Yep, wedge it unless you are running the Place on a C/E/F bowl (non-split bowl).

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
And frankly, if you want a LOT of roost height, swap to a split bowl, so you CAN wedge it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya thats the thing i have a 12je factory set back pump deal. i machined it out to were the sealing surface in the diverter was still in contact to the bowl so i wouldnt have any blow by and picked up 3.5 more degrees up with it, on another note is it possible to do a direct bowl swap to a split bowl if i dont already have a split bowl so i could do a wedge or droop??

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Yes, I now run an Amer. Turbine split bowl. Orig an "F" pump with factory elec. diverter.

My understanding is, AT and Dominator were begun by Berk employees (former). Berk was always the most numerous pump out there, and comonality has been a very good thing for the last 30+ years.

·
Registered
720 Posts
ya thats the thing i have a 12je factory set back pump deal. i machined it out to were the sealing surface in the diverter was still in contact to the bowl so i wouldnt have any blow by and picked up 3.5 more degrees up with it, on another note is it possible to do a direct bowl swap to a split bowl if i dont already have a split bowl so i could do a wedge or droop??
Could you post a pic of what you did?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
just be carefull not to take to much away , it'll allow the seal to blow out:)sphss

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
You also have to slick off a little on the cable brackets they touch together! WT:)devil

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Yep, mine is adjusted back as far as it'll go without grinding on the arms. If they weren't chromed I'd have already fixed that too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I still have the factory electric "JET-O-VATOR". I thought that is what he had. I must have read it wrong sorry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts