Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a steering arm and control arm for a manual place diverter that they are willing to get rid of. The guy I bought my boat off of never gave them to me. I actually think that he didn't have them either, the boat pieces look like they were collected one by one. The boat has never had a place diverter or a jetovator on it but the diverter cable that came with it is definitely used. I know I can get them from Place Diverter, but their too expensive for my cheap ass. I have all the other diverter pieces except these two arms.:)st Any info would help. Will post pics of my nozzle setup as soon as I take some, but until then I have a Place Diverter minus the arms. Thanks in advance.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, all my other threads got so much traffic today. I'm surprised at how little traffic this one got. I actually forgot I even made this thread today. But, if anyone has some, then speak up. Because I really need these! These were the only things that held me up on getting the boat in the water last year, besides the damn stubborn bitch that I call an engine. Please, I don't need new ones, I want to keep with the pieced and parted theme of the jet pump. Nothing on it was bought new, things were just acquired over time and thrown together. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Call Jim Brock 818-890-1867, I know he has one, I bought one from him on Friday and he had a couple more. M-S 10:30A-6:00P West Coast Time

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Call Jim Brock 818-890-1867, I know he has one, I bought one from him on Friday and he had a couple more. M-S 10:30A-6:00P West Coast Time
Are you talking about the entire unit or just the control arms that I need?
Thanks.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's because what you're looking for isn't too readily available used.
I'm well aware of that, but posting that seems to have worked, right after I posted that message I started getting replys. Are his new or used? I'm just trying to avoid the new prices. I'm willing to wait and hunt around for parts in order to save money. I'm a poor college student, we're notorious for going out of our way to find free or reduced price stuff.
Thanks dude.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
Jim has lots of used parts and can get new. I've purchased a few parts and a complete boat from him and have to say, he's a great person to deal with with very good prices. Youcan also be assurred that however he describes what he's selling is just as it is.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Is this the same Jim Brock that is on this site?

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pictures of my diverter. They are old pictures. I now have the correct reverse bucket and there are actually 3 drilled and tapped holes in the side of the white piece on the first picture, the third hole just didn't show up in the picture for some reason. The two bolts on the top and side in the second picture are for the steering arm that I am missing, I think. Remember this is coming from someone who has never seen a complete diverter, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but only if you're sure about what you are saying. The two bolts on the bottom are for the rudder, in picture #3, now I am sure about this because it fits so nicely. And I have a different pin for the top if I need it but I'm not sure because I think the steering arm bolts to the blue piece.
Thank You Come Again!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
You could make your own.

Attachments

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really wanted to, but having never seen one in person, I couldn't do it.:( I'm very good at reproducing things, but awful at making custom things. Would you send me the dimensions off that thing? It looks great. Thanks, it would really help me out.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
That piece is the handy work of Tom at JetBoat Performance. I'm sure he'll see the picture and fill you in on the details.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I'm well aware of that, but posting that seems to have worked, right after I posted that message I started getting replys. Are his new or used? I'm just trying to avoid the new prices. I'm willing to wait and hunt around for parts in order to save money. I'm a poor college student, we're notorious for going out of our way to find free or reduced price stuff.
Thanks dude.
What school?? UK?

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What school?? UK?
Yeah, I'm an architecture student. And why do I have a jet boat while going to college, which costs lots of money, you might ask. Well, I really don't know to tell you the truth. Me and a friend bought the boat together while in high school, parents never thought we would get this far into it. I got addicted to the whole jet boat thing, and he's kind of on the side lines, he doesn't know a lick about anything mechanical, I mainly use him to help me save lots of money. His dad has connections out the wazoo, and I get free storage for my boat and free mechanic work and the mechanic is located right next door to my boat. There, that can be like my own little mini bio about my boat.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nobody else knows of anywhere I could find them? Jim Brock hasn't responded to my last PM I sent him a couple of days ago, so still looking. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Nobody else knows of anywhere I could find them? Jim Brock hasn't responded to my last PM I sent him a couple of days ago, so still looking. Thanks.
I can't speak for Jim Brock, but I know a little bit of him, and I doubt he ever checks his PM's. He's not a modern (1980's or newer) computer type of guy. hil:) I'd suggest going into the spam section here and looking for one of his posts with his phone number in it, I seem to have lost his number. He's a very nice, very knowledgable, very old school kind of guy. But don't be discouraged when he doesn't answer his phone, he only has one phone line and he uses dial-up for his computer. :p

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Thanks Sanger rat:D ,Hawaiin heres a better pic ,this however is an Aggressor jet nozzle/trim unit ,The arm you see was fabricated/modified by Josh (son) to facilitate dual cable steering Tom

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
steering arm

i answered you the other day, you wanted a picture??, i can't do pics, i know what a diverter steering arm is, i told you i have one,i've been spending to much time on this thing and not getting any work done, time to go to work, Jim

1 - 20 of 34 Posts