Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Place Diverter's Corporate Jet

We are restoring a Rogers 18 Bonneville, we are calling it project; "Going Back to our Roots". We miss the classic old school jet boats. Hell this things going to be a sports car on water compared to the 22 deck boat I've been shoeing the last ten years. I guess the bug is coming back to go fast... or should I say, "Quick"!!

Attachments

·
LIQUID QUARTER MILE
562 Posts
good project

i have a sterling and a advantage they look almost identical to that one, my sterling has all new d fir like what u are doing have fun and keeps us updated, sterling has setback g pump and advantage had e pump:)sphss

·
Registered
4 Posts
PD&C Project

Cool project boat.I think all the old school jet boats r coming back in style.
Much more affordable,and fun to drive.Like to restore one soon.
Look forward to seeing more pics on the build...Classic:)devil

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Looks like my project! A lot of grunt work! Good luck and have fun building and running it!! WT:)devil

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We started this project a year ago and after grinding on it for 4-5 months we sent it to Shoemaker @ GS marine, where the stringers were glassed in and the hull was blueprinted and gel coated burnt orange with some pearl. I machined the intake and set back the pump. We're excited to get started rigging... Any help finding a Rogers emblem for dash would be great.

Thanks,
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
that thing looks killer! that orange is awesome! are you going to add any colors to it or keep it solid like that? that's motivating me to resume grinding and preping my advantage for its stringer and misc. repairs. keep up the great progress and pics. :cool:

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
PDC101, that boat is bitchin! What type of trim device are you going to put on it? Maybe a place diverter? If you do let me know i can get a good price on a place diverter..:)

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roger's emblem

like this? let me know if you are still looking for one. this is the last one I have from Roger. Looks like it would go to a good cause, nice boat. pm sent
This forum is awesome for finding retro boat parts and meeting cool people. Chevy/Mike, thanks for the help!!

Tim Place

·
Registered
206 Posts
KB

Hey boat 101: Are you going to be dropping the KB 50%er in that old school deal. That should get that thing running )< "WAY HIGH"!

·
Registered
32 Posts
holly shit, thats my old boat!
i bought it 15 years ago, went through a couple 455's in 2 years and had no $$. sat for years then gave it to a friend danny in big bear.

pdc, did you get it from him?
updates?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
We started this project a year ago and after grinding on it for 4-5 months we sent it to Shoemaker @ GS marine, where the stringers were glassed in and the hull was blueprinted and gel coated burnt orange with some pearl. I machined the intake and set back the pump. We're excited to get started rigging... Any help finding a Rogers emblem for dash would be great.

Thanks,
Tim
Got any pics of the set back process, start to finish would be awesome!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts