Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman says a search is under way for a small plane that took off from Corona Municipal Airport.FAA spokesman Ian Gregor says the pilot and one passenger took off Friday and planned to fly the Piper Cherokee from Corona to Lake Havasu. A search is under way but Gregor says it is being hampered by heavy fog

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Not good to read.

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
Already verified its not the monroe's...they just stopped on rice road for a beer.

Hopefully the plane turns up. Anyword on tail number?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Already verified its not the monroe's...they just stopped on rice road for a beer.

Hopefully the plane turns up. Anyword on tail number?
Made a few calls to a few of the locals who fly choppers daily @ Corona. Lets hope the guy just made a mistake and is ok. Single engine and fog... Not good. Scares me to loose a motor and not be able to pick a safe spot to land....

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATED 10:21 p.m.: According to FAA spokesman Ian Gregor, a Corona Police Dept search helicopter found the wreckage in a densely wooded area that was extremely difficult to spot from the air.
Searchers found the wreckage on a final pass of the day at dusk. No one was sent in at that time to search for the two people reported on the plane. "A person onboard the helicopter that found the wreckage told me that from the condition of the wreckage, it was extremely unlikely anybody survived," said Gregor.

Plane reg to a company in Stanton,I think RM elect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts