Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the low back plastic buggy seats in a jet boat? They seam to be a good platform and are light. I would use these for the fronts and build a back bench seat.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Too high back for my tastes. Some people have used them.I personally have never liked the looks on them in a boat. Can't tell you why, just don't like it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I can see the height being a problem and I have seen the ones JBP sells was just wondering if these would be cost saving option.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You don't have to tell me about building on a budget. But the drivers seat, you should try your best to get something with a little higher sides near your hips and lower back. Like the seats Tom sells. You don't need pinch seats like a circle boat even though there were times I wish I had one. Boats are light weight and really susceptible to lateral G's. It is really difficult to drive a boat from your passengers lap even if she does have big hooters.:wink2:

Just my .02

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't have to tell me about building on a budget. But the drivers seat, you should try your best to get something with a little higher sides near your hips and lower back. Like the seats Tom sells. You don't need pinch seats like a circle boat even though there were times I wish I had one. Boats are light weight and really susceptible to lateral G's. It is really difficult to drive a boat from your passengers lap even if she does have big hooters.:wink2:

Just my .02
Thanks. I do like the ones Tom sells will just go that route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts