Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help me identify the manufacturer of this lifter? I have a set and I want to send them in for a rebuild, just don't know where to send them. These are BB Ford if it makes any difference.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
There are only two lifters Iam aware of that are NOT locked in pairs. Comp, and Isky. I assume you know what the link bar on a Comp looks like, and that the ones in the pic don't have a rectangler retainer for the lock on Comp link bar, so my guess is they are Isky's which used an open fork style link bar. But I have never seen an Isky cut like that. How about rolling that thing over and another pic

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK...thanks...just a few minutes. This was a Ken Duttweiler build, so I'd guess Isky. Big .800 roller, heavy springs, etc.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Cool...thanks B to the B...are those weights?
those numbers are rockwell numbers the ones on the far right may not be crane lifters but I think they missed the heat treat process, the forks were all spreding apart had to work at it to get them out of the block. caught it just in the nick of time !

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
those numbers are rockwell numbers the ones on the far right may not be crane lifters but I think they missed the heat treat process, the forks were all spreding apart had to work at it to get them out of the block. caught it just in the nick of time !
Interesting. Maybe a cheap chinese knockoff? Long way off on the C scale.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I got sent a pair of the Chinese hyd roller lifters back in the spring along with a chinese stainless rocker. The rocker had 2 different sizes of needles used in assembly and the roller lifter was a Morel knock off but machining quality when inspected was terrible. The sad thing about this is these are coming in the country for under $120 a set.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I got sent a pair of the Chinese hyd roller lifters back in the spring along with a chinese stainless rocker. The rocker had 2 different sizes of needles used in assembly and the roller lifter was a Morel knock off but machining quality when inspected was terrible. The sad thing about this is these are coming in the country for under $120 a set.
the ones I have are a dead ringer for these, except I swear the are cast!
http://www.cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&lvl=3&prt=2095 I'll send you a pair and you let us know what you think!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
the ones I have are a dead ringer for these, except I swear the are cast!
http://www.cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&lvl=3&prt=2095 I'll send you a pair and you let us know what you think!

I sent the copy of the Morel to Morel so they could take it apart and see what was coming over. On solids I have seen copies of Comps and Cranes. Sure you can send them to me and I can send them to Morel or Crane for some "feedback".

Straub Technologies
175 McCracken Dr.
Gray, TN 37615

1 - 17 of 17 Posts