Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am asking moderators of this site to help lots of people that once made this site great...Let's make it GREAT AGAIN. I have lot's of people that have got hold of me to try and figure this place out..THEY CAN'T LOG IN. Will you please post a phone help line so this place goes back to it's former glory. I know BookFace is the new hot spot. but some of us old coots and boating experts still want to communicate here..

HELP

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
+1

I had wondered if the "trouble" was a tactic to artificially inflate the member count of the site, by requiring people to sign up twice.

Conspiracy theory, of coarse. But, c'mon. It's ridiculous.

·
Steady Rollin
1,086 Posts
I think this stemmed from the password reset / complexity issue.

I know my password got reset, and i had to use some ridiculously complex password... Like more complex than my bank or investment sites require.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am asking moderators of this site to help lots of people that once made this site great...Let's make it GREAT AGAIN. I have lot's of people that have got hold of me to try and figure this place out..THEY CAN'T LOG IN. Will you please post a phone help line so this place goes back to it's former glory. I know BookFace is the new hot spot. but some of us old coots and boating experts still want to communicate here..

HELP
2X!!!!!!!!!!

·
Village Idiot
3,423 Posts
I am not even sure we have moderators any more. With some of the things that have been posted I know that nobody was monitoring the v-drive side of this site.

Paul

·
Registered
19,800 Posts
I think this stemmed from the password reset / complexity issue.

I know my password got reset, and i had to use some ridiculously complex password... Like more complex than my bank or investment sites require.
thats what im talking about.........i know to get back on you gotta reregister a new name and password (start over)

·
BIG member
1,406 Posts
Yep, stick with the recommended sites and that's not what I meant when I said BALD !:happy::happy:

·
Premium Member
541 Posts

HELP
Mike, This used to be a great website, especially when it was called "Hot Boat". I have been into v-drives for 25+ years, and the site has gone "down hill". I spend more time at River Daves now.
Dave

·
Registered
19,800 Posts
im up for getting this sight back on track...........riverdaves is great not much v drive action over there yet........mostly big boat guys over there..

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
im up for getting this sight back on track...........riverdaves is great not much v drive action over there yet........mostly big boat guys over there..
I agree Mike, the v-drive posters on RDP are the same guys as on here. I too, sure hope that this place can be "re-born" however I feel that owners or people in power here just don't seem to care. That whole debacle of re-registration with NEW NAMES was the final nail in the coffin. For some crazy reason, I was allowed to keep my username and # of listed posts. I did have to change my password.
Sadder yet.....I miss GN7 Bob, Campbell Carl, Dennis Porter and so many others who were called way too early. Personally, I feel Facebook was the go to place for us v-drivers when PB imploded.
WHAT CAN WE DO NOW TO HELP?! 😖 Frustrated too Jocko

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts
I agree Mike, the v-drive posters on RDP are the same guys as on here. I too, sure hope that this place can be "re-born" however I feel that owners or people in power here just don't seem to care. That whole debacle of re-registration with NEW NAMES was the final nail in the coffin. For some crazy reason, I was allowed to keep my username and # of listed posts. I did have to change my password.
Sadder yet.....I miss GN7 Bob, Campbell Carl, Dennis Porter and so many others who were called way too early. Personally, I feel Facebook was the go to place for us v-drivers when PB imploded.
WHAT CAN WE DO NOW TO HELP?! 😖 Frustrated too Jocko
You nailed it. Info, Hammer, and myself are still here although I don't check the site regularly as it is a ghost town compared to back when.

This was posted over a year ago, those having trouble might give it a shot. I have had little luck myself trying to reset people's passwords for them, I myself was locked out for about 2 weeks when it went down. For whatever that's worth.

Complex passwords are nothing new and are necessary given the state of hacking present on the internet these days. But the process should not have been painful.

-----------

Can you please ask them to send me an email that includes the name of the site, their username and the email they think is associated with their account and I can help them log back in.

[email protected]

Thank you

~ Glenda

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts
I think Rattle can is just upset because not many people around now to view his Santa pics which might get posted up again soon. Tis the season.

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Yep, I miss the days when this place rocked. I learned a ton of stuff with the help of a LOT of people on this site. I couldnt have accomplished what I have with the Belmont without everyones help and knowledge. When there were lots of folks posting lots of how-to content, it motivated me to do my own projects. I miss that. I dont do FartFace and I dont care what you are eating for breakfast. I can go to those other sites if my curiosity becomes unbearable. Instead, I am clinging on and checking this site out daily with hopes of scoring some v-drive content. Ya, I might be part of the problem by not posting much but Ive got lots of excuses. Unfortunately I have been distracted by ongoing problems with the house and other non-boat dramas. I hope to have those issues resolved in the next couple of months and get back to my boat projects. I appreciate all the posts from those of you who have hung in there and kept it going.

I dont know much but it seems ridiculous that people cant somehow be allowed to get back on here with their old login names and a simple memorable password. There is nothing here to hack. There is no personal info, credit cards or any other info of any value to worry about here that I can think of. Simplify it, post some really good, easy to understand instructions and give us a way to get more help. Like RCL said, this is going to require some effort from those running the show so we can make this site great again. I hope we get the help and get folks back here.

My .02

·
Administrator
195 Posts
Heya all,

Thanks for the link to the thread via YB, I am going to move this one to the support section so we can monitor replies.

What members are not able to access the site, please let us know so we can update their email or password, or send them a reminder.

Jeff M

·
Banned
5,853 Posts
This site may not seem to be as good as it once was, but it's certainly one of the best that I know of for me. There are a few other boat sites too, but they have declined also.
In my opinion a lot of people have started following Facebook accounts. Personally, I don't really like them. There are no individual forums and one must read all of the postings about everything, including their kids, their pets and if someone posts about cars, you'd think the Facebook boating section was a car section. And if you wish to find something that contained information you would like to retrieve, forget it.
Thanks for being here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts