Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm wanting to sell my first boat, an 18' California jet. I've put a lot of work into it and learned a lot. I'd like to upgrade to something with a little more room and capable of more speed. I don't want an open bow. I like the 20.5 advantage and am highly considering a new gullwing build. I ran across a 20' Carrera, the ad calls it a speed and ski? Shallow v hull, good looking boat. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Good for some power? What kind of mph? Its a full stringer and I'm going to stick with jet drive. Any thoughts? Thanks for any info

·
Registered
597 Posts
Best boat ever owned was a Crusader tunnel 18', Having a boat built is very stressful the waiting is the worst part and do your homework you can get alot done for a reasonable price and know what you want dont be wishee washee because you will be buying things twice ,As for the style I like tunnels but those CP s do haul arse short shots and they seem to have a little more room in them. One day my boat will be finished and I can see it in person.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really want to start with a new bare hull and rig it myself. Not afraid to do it and I can machine parts, I have lots of cool ideas I'd like to incorporate into a build. I have a Berkeley all race prepped and a droop and hydraulic diverter set up all new and ready to go as well as a fresh calgo. Only trouble is funding the project without really dipping into savings. Selling off one project is a must and selling my turn key boat will go towards funding but then I'm boatless and that's kind of a problem. Another problem is the ole lady pushing for a 21 or 22' deal but I'm really doubting I will get all that I want in that style of boat, decisions decisions ugh

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you're looking for more interior room, make sure you obtain all of the relevant dimensions in order to make an apples-to-apples comparison. I looked at and compared cockpit dimensions for a lot of boats before I found a hull that actually had a bigger cockpit than my little 17' Sleekcraft. I then had it laid up and proceeded to do exactly what you want to do.

My 2 cts.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
How about an Eliminator 21' tunnel? performance and room for 5 comfortably. Also Carrerra has a new 20' gullwing type hull I believe. They are located out in Hemet now by the airport if your familiar with that area. He (Stan?) had a thread or two a while back mentioning some of their plans and offerings to restart the company. I believe they were offering trade in options as well as consignment sales too. Might try a search here and see what pops up. I like the idea of you building/incorporating your own ideas, creativity and bsc (blood, sweat and cheers) (there's no crying/tears in boating lol ) into a new or rehabbed boat project. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am keeping my eyes open for a 21 Daytona, hard to find. I updated the carrera gullwing thread but no hits yet and I tried pulling up their website but no go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts