Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you mag guys using for plug wires? I know I need solid core just looking for a brand. It's a BA BBC if that matters

·
Registered
53 Posts
well most serious racers are using MSD mags on that type of setup, so they seem to use MSD wies also. they are not solid core, they are stranded carbon suppression wires so there is minimal interference with all your electronics. I have heard FIRECORES are also a good choice however everything at the track seems to be MSD.

Good Luck

Vic

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok here is the deal. In my boat I have a stick jones tach and an auto meter tach at an idle they both read the same but running down the lake the jones will sit Rock solid on 5 and the other will read anywhere between 7-9. I know I can't be spinning that hard and the jones seems idiot proof. I'm running a pro mag 2. Are the wires where my problem is coming from?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Ok here is the deal. In my boat I have a stick jones tach and an auto meter tach at an idle they both read the same but running down the lake the jones will sit Rock solid on 5 and the other will read anywhere between 7-9. I know I can't be spinning that hard and the jones seems idiot proof. I'm running a pro mag 2. Are the wires where my problem is coming from?
Mechanical tacs don't lie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts