Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Ford 460, want to run plug wires under the headers, there over transome Bassetts is what I have. If anybody has a part# of some that would be great trying not to have to make them...

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
MSD has a nice set that you put the distibutor ends on, comes with the crimping die. All that is needed is cutters, razor blade, vise, and pliers. A nice and easy to assemble set.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Also running the MSD wires. Take your time & you can make it real clean.

What type of ignition are you running?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Pertronix plug wires are advertised as a spiral / carbon fiberglass center core.

MSD spiral should not have any issues with the ignition, Or order a set from Pertronix

I have never had an issue with MSD. Never ran any of the Pertronix stuff, Never really heard of them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking more for the length of the wires, I broke my motor in yesterday, and it was a little lean and the headers got super hot and melted the wires on #2 3 and #6 7 cylinders, I wanna run them below the headers just for piece of mind. MSD is probably what i'm gonna get.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
MSD has a nice set that you put the distibutor ends on, comes with the crimping die. All that is needed is cutters, razor blade, vise, and pliers. A nice and easy to assemble set.
Used MSD's custom set of Super Conductors and routed mine under the headers, not a single problem.

1.5 ohms per foot (instead of 2,000 or so) and radio-noise supressing to boot. Work great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts