Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new house (built in '05), water pressure is low at the sinks and tubs inside, outside taps seem to be fine. It has a pressure reducing valve in the home, have tried both ways in and out, doesn't change anything. Have not yet replaced it, and I don't think it really needs it in the area I'm in. I have lived in the golf course area before and built my own homes, never had a problem with TOO much pressure.

When you first turn on the faucet, the water has good pressure, but then backs off to about 50%. Any real plumber help is greatly appreciated. I am soldering in a piece of copper in place of the PRV tonight. HELP!!!!!!!!:)grn

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
You can go to the Home Depot and buy a gauge that fits on the hose bib to check the pressure. You should be about 60-70 psi. But I would check with someone else to make sure. It could be the cartridges in the faucet that not allowing the water to come out fast. What type are they.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
X2, Don't bypass it, replace it, the regulator stem sounds like its stuck in one spot, you can try to rebuild it, but so inexpensive I would say a waste of time....Try whacking it with a screwdriver handl to see if it will free up, but replace, not bypass (street pressure can fluctuate by 50-60 #)

GT :)hand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.