Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
AIR POWER
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see everyones complete plumbing pictures, w/pressure relief valves, ball valves, banderlogs, etc..... etc.....Just wanted to see how everyone else is plumbing.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
GAW what did you use to run your boat off the garden hose?
If you look at the middle photo, you'll see the pressure relief valve. Just ahead of that there is a "T" that goes to the motor and just before that you can see a black cap that is where the hose hooks up. The pump shut off valve is between all of this and the pump. I may have a better photo.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
This is what I started out with....

Then, and you saw the now. ;)

This is but a small part of everything I've done so far. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING on this poor 1975 Miller had been touched and it has all been wrong. This is no joke.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The housing was the wrong one for a Ford and had been ground and double drilled or maybe triple drilled to make it fit, so I just did away with it completely. Now I've got some extra parts that I'll be putting on Craigslist or in spam to get rid of.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Well Lowe's must be going down. The one I go to has gotten to the point that nothing is stocked and no one is around to help out, and if they are you need an interepter (sp) to talk to them. Are we still in America?
Well i see your point, But superdave013 has killer prices and ships to your door. Brass prices are threw the roof.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Well Lowe's must be going down. The one I go to has gotten to the point that nothing is stocked and no one is around to help out, and if they are you need an interepter (sp) to talk to them. Are we still in America?
The home improvement stores around here are still America!:)devil All the employees are white, but there are an increasing number of Mexicans coming in because they have replaced a lot of the construction crews.

I go to Lowes, there are 3 of them within 10 miles of my shop, but the closest Home Depot is about 25 miles away.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Cool, another plumbing thread!:D Here is my plumbing setup, after multiple revisions and a pile of brass plumbing parts. For the money I spent on the all the brass connections I bought, I could have run AN lines throughout. Damn, I hate plumbing. I have one more revision to make still, I am going to put another gate valve on the dump line, just in case temps are too low, or when I'm running it on the garden hose if the volume and pressure is not enough to go through the both the T-valve and the dump line.

Here is my garden hose rigging. When I update the boat the next time I will be running AN lines so I will have the garden hose come in at a t fitting that is mounted on a bracket somewhere back there. But this will work for now.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Damn! I had no idea that you could run AN fittings and rubber hose together. I always figured rubber hose wasn't worthy of anything more than a stainless hose clamp. I need to get out more. :)eh:)
That is the Super-Stock style hose. The fittings look a little different though. It is some trick stuff, that is what I am running from the fuel pump to my carburetor, I only have the fittings right now, I am waiting on the hose right now. You can see the fittings in my first picture.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Damn! I had no idea that you could run AN fittings and rubber hose together. I always figured rubber hose wasn't worthy of anything more than a stainless hose clamp. I need to get out more. :)eh:)
I even have some extras that I'm willing to sell at a reduced rate. The are push on fittings.

-6 to 3/8" ano adapter 3.01 ea X 4 = $ 12.04
-6 x 45* ano fitting 11.40 ea X 4 = $ 45.60 (one is not shown)
-6 x 90* ano fitting 15.79 ea X 1 = $ 15.79
--------
Total $ 73.43
Take them all for $50.00. plus shipping, about $5.00

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I even have some extras that I'm willing to sell at a reduced rate. The are push on fittings.

-6 to 3/8" ano adapter 3.01 ea X 4 = $ 12.04
-6 x 45* ano fitting 11.40 ea X 4 = $ 45.60 (one is not shown)
-6 x 90* ano fitting 15.79 ea X 1 = $ 15.79
--------
Total $ 73.43
Take them all for $50.00. plus shipping, about $5.00

You know, as much as it killed me that you had trouble putting them together and didn't take me up on the offer to do it for you. I can only offer one more thing. If you want to just return that stuff I'm ok with it. Just box it up and send it to me. I'll refund it back to your card. No big deal mang.

D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Those are only -6AN? The hose looks a lot bigger than that, more like -10AN.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts