Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
POKER RUNS WEST SETS THREE EVENTS FOR 2012. Sacramento May 19---------Lake Shasta June 16-----------Lake Tahoe July 21

DETAILS AT: Poker Runs West

Same weekend as the dlb Shasta event....go figure. :clapping:

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Wow, its been so long since you hijacked one of our events I didn't realize you were still in business... Oh well, congrats on weathering that storm.. and good luck with this one .

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
This friction came about before I started hangin with the dlb, although after gettin the story from both sides, it doesn't change anything.

I'm wondering though... what does paying to hang out with good friends gain, over just hangin with friends? If there is a helicopter, doesn't it make sense to PAY if you're using it to promote a business? Shoot, it's not like there's a way to recoup any money if your junk breaks down, while promoting someone ele's interests and business...???

Smart guy he is, makin it the same weekend. Makes his "company" look MORE POPULAR THAN IT REALLY IS, to those that don't know.

Whatever, the truth will come out. Who really cares?

You can't fix douche... can you?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, its been so long since you hijacked one of our events I didn't realize you were still in business... Oh well, congrats on weathering that storm.. and good luck with this one .

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that unfounded resentment exists concerning my efforts to put on boating events, but I am.

My efforts to provided some form of somewhat organized boating activities should not be considered the hijacking of anything from anyone because it is not. I was not aware that any organized schedule was in place for DLB.

The scheduling of my events was done so in response to questions from boaters asking me to bring back some events and the suggestion was made to schedule the Shasta event at the same time that DLB would be there since it helps those that want to do both. A logical thought I believe. Scheduling my event on another weekend could conceiveably impact the DLB weekend more adversly one might conclude.

If the parties, live music, poker run, helicopter photo shoot run etc. are not desired by enough people to pay the expenses, so be it, no problem, the event will not happen. I had even cut short the timing of the run this time ending it with a late lunch to allow more time for other boating activities. If someone wants to organize something else to reduce interest in my little run I encourage them to do it.

If someone doesn't like my working to bring back the Sacramento Bridge to Bridge event I encourage you to produce it yourself. Throughout my 20 plus years of putting on boating events my primary goal has always been the promotion of the sport and IF I could cover expenses doing so all the better. For whatever reason this goal does not seem to be shared by many in DLB.

I am truely sorry to see the hijacking reference, negativity and name calling in other posts coming up in response to my plans. There is plenty of hate in this world and we certainly don't need any more of it, especially in the performance boating community. If someone wants to meet with me to express their feeling I live in Loomis and can be reached on my office line at 916-704-7022.

This will be my last post and response here concerning the event. If anyone has questions please contact me directly, look elsewhere on this site or go to Poker Runs West.

Sincerely,
Chris Ayres

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
wellhere we go again. I can't believe this self serving POS has the balls to try and drag more money out of people for his profit. And further more if you didn't want the negativety why did you post it up the same weekend WE go to shasta and why in this sectio of performance boats. hope you find some rooms available dirt bag. what a POS.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
" Chill Out Everybody," winter is almost over

Poker Runs West has just extended an invitation to us to join his event. If you don't want a Helo-picture of your boat or you don't want to go on his run ................ then "DON'T" :duh:

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that unfounded resentment exists concerning my efforts to put on boating events, but I am.

My efforts to provided some form of somewhat organized boating activities should not be considered the hijacking of anything from anyone because it is not. I was not aware that any organized schedule was in place for DLB.

The scheduling of my events was done so in response to questions from boaters asking me to bring back some events and the suggestion was made to schedule the Shasta event at the same time that DLB would be there since it helps those that want to do both. A logical thought I believewhat the real tScheduling my event on another weekend could conceiveably impact the DLB weekend more adversly one might conclude.

OK first you say you had no knowledge of the DLB dates for Shasta, then the very next sentence you say you did it on purpose the same date as the DLB event. impact the dlb event adversely ONE might conclude, I am sure is the party of ONE beibg you turd, again trying to piggy back a group that you only wish you could gain the same size following.
NP is right we don't have to accept, just want everyone to know exactly what the real truth is. I am sure that shouldn't bother you Mr. Ayers

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Poker Runs West has just extended an invitation to us to join his event. If you don't want a Helo-picture of your boat or you don't want to go on his run ................ then "DON'T" :duh:
Yes Pa. I'll be good. :innocent0009::happy:

He's still a donkey. :duh:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Whew, I'm glad to see this crap isn't confined to Dualsport promoters!
So, every year I make a few trips to Sacramento and lobby for OHV, motorcycle and Dualsport rights. I always go to old town for lunch and marvel at the waterway, that draw bridge and the guys that blaze up and down the river.
I don't care who, but are one of you guys doing a run between that bridge and another? I'd seriously consider pulling up from So Cal to participate. for the record, I'm glad he posted here, I wouldn't have found the thread otherwise.
As Barnum said, press is press, just spell the name right. Come onnnnnnnn Spring!:partyguy:

·
!%@#$
508 Posts
Agree.. None of us want to pay for what we do for free so we dont. But if a bridge to bridge event was put on again I would pay just for the fun
of it.
The sun will be shinning soon.

Racer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts