Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
I was using Met-ex today and the manifold and inter coller took 4 hours.
You need to be using Mex-i-Can... they work wonders!!! :D :D :D

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
The two mex-i cans were drinking all my beer:D
Then apparently you were using them wrong... :)sphss

Never Dull cuts through alot of the regular oxidation, but if it's bad you need to rouge it up and use a wool pad/wheel as suggested...

·
?
150 Posts
I found a company called 3D Products. They have real mild acid wash for mag wheels and a alumn polish called liquid metal. I use it on truck wheels all the time and I tried it on my alumn trim tank and battery boxes. It works great and took me a half hour to do all the alumn in the bilge. You can get the stuff online at 3dproducts.com.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found a company called 3D Products. They have real mild acid wash for mag wheels and a alumn polish called liquid metal. I use it on truck wheels all the time and I tried it on my alumn trim tank and battery boxes. It works great and took me a half hour to do all the alumn in the bilge. You can get the stuff online at 3dproducts.com.
Thats two for 3D products. My Matco tool guy is bringing me some acid tomorrow to try. Maybe the same stuff.

·
21 Daytona
5,017 Posts
A regular SOS steel wool pad used with water will cut most oxidation and not scratch it too bad.

I follow that up with jewelers rouge, then mothers
power metal.

if its really bad break out the 2000 sandpaper.

·
Because KAP said so...
266 Posts
Die Grinder, with buffing wheel...and white rouge, follow up with some flitz, simichrome, wenol, mothers, or that truck box polish from lowes it does work pretty good. Just don't use it with a high speed polisher, the chit goes everywhere:p

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.