Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a supplier for a Pollak fuel tank selector valve like the one pictured below.

I have checked Rex and CPPerformance with no luck.

The Pollak website has nothing marine rated. Can anyone help?

Fuel valve.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have an economical alternative?

I would like to maintain the dash mounted switch if possible.

·
Registered
501 Posts
check your local napa they sell those in their line.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Kragen has them. Not that brand. I think the one I bought was made borg warner. It's for automotive use not marine.

·
Registered
628 Posts
They aren't marine approved and have a sticker right on them stating so - but I just installed one in my daughters boat anyway. NAPA should have exactly what you are needing if you can ignore the not for marine use deal.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
When I added a little power over the stock engine, upped it to around 500, the Pollak you have pictured didn't allow enough fuel to the engine. As you can see in the picture, the one I took out is a lot smaller than the Pollak I replaced it with. Oh and btw, the little one came with the boat as original and it was not marine approved probably due to the plastic fittings.

just food for thought

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Cas, the valve pictured on the left is also a Pollack? I assume its the three port listed on their website.

What are the extra wires on the plug for? The valve I took out only had two wires.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
Cas, the valve pictured on the left is also a Pollack? I assume its the three port listed on their website.

What are the extra wires on the plug for? The valve I took out only had two wires.
Yes, both of them are Pollaks and I'm not sure if this one is the same one listed. As far as the wires go, looking at the picture from the top down-
1. tank 2 sending unit
2. fuel gauge
3. tank 1 sending unit
4. to switch
5. to switch

The switch needs to be a DPDT and the part number on the selector valve is 42-154. No, I didn't do that by memory, I needed to find the instruction sheet :happy:
It is CG approved but I'm not sure Pollak makes this particular valve any longer. If you don't need it right away, just keep an eye on ebay as they pop up once in awhile. I think I have the old one around here that you can have for the price of shipping. It should hold you over until you find one of the bigger ones should you want to go that route.

·
Registered
851 Posts
These were never marine rated. It's a motor home tank selector. At least that's what they were listed as when thousands of them found their way into boats back in the day.

The one on the left is a GREAT switch.

·
Registered
393 Posts
These were never marine rated. It's a motor home tank selector. At least that's what they were listed as when thousands of them found their way into boats back in the day.

The one on the left is a GREAT switch.
i have one of those in my eliminator...i was told it was an old ford truck switch....
(the one on the right)
any truth to this?????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts