Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you report these jackass neighbor's of mine? I'm going to tomorrow. He was crying and was so thirsty that he drank water through the little hole he dug under the fence. I tossed a couple scoops of my own dogs foods over the fence and he wolfed it down.

Attachments

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
i would not hesitate.

good job on giving the dog some food and water

·
Registered
550 Posts
I see that same situation about 10x's a month. Usually there is no dirt left to sit on its all crap. I keep a big bag of food with me and write address's down and make a call about a week after I am out of the neighborhood

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I am trying to find a good home for him and if I can I will knock on the door and tell them I found a good home for him. What do you think?
I don't think I would even ask, but thats just me. Abuse towards animals is one of the areas I have a hard time maintaining composure.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Not all pit bull owners are pieces of shit, but most pieces of shit are pit bull owners. That dog deserves a good home...:mad:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Brad if you don't want to do it I will. PM me the phone # to call tonight.
I cant believe you didn't call already. That SOB should be tied up in his own back yard for a few days with no food or water!

Take a hose & stick it through the fence into the bowl, rinse it out and then fill it up for the poor dog. Go buy him a 5# bag of food and throw it over the fence. I'll pay you for it!

Ken

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
sad

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I don't think I would even bother talking to the neighbor, I'd just call the shelter and tell them to come pick him up

·
?
154 Posts
My wife worked for animal control in castaic for a week. She said alot
of shelters don't even give a pit bull a fair chance for adoption. That neighbor is a dick.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I woudn't call either.. Make friends with the dog, take it with you and find it a home.. :(

I knew it was gonna be a pit locked up like that.. Always is.

RD

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I plan to call first thing tomorrow. We haven't owned our home here long, and in the beginning he had the whole backyard to himself. He never barks or causes problems, but once in awhile would dig under our fence. That is when the owners started tying him up and then recently threw him on the side of the house and put up the gate. I never complained about the holes...just filled them back in. Now it is like they go days without remembering him, and he has gotten so skinny his ribs show. I give him water all the time. Tonight it just killed me when he let out a long slow cry. My wife stood out in the backyard after they got home to see if they'd feed or water him, which they did not. Their bratty kid makes monster noises at the dog and runs around saying, "shut-up, shut-up," when he cries.:|err

If anyone wants the dog, I'd be willing to drive him to you or meet you half way. He seems like a sweet dog and would probably be so grateful just to have a good home. I would take him, but our dog doesn't get along with other dogs.

I'm just afraid the animal control people will say, "Well, we have to give a warning first, and blah, blah, excuse, excuse."

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I plan to call first thing tomorrow. We haven't owned our home here long, and in the beginning he had the whole backyard to himself. He never barks or causes problems, but once in awhile would dig under our fence. That is when the owners started tying him up and then recently threw him on the side of the house and put up the gate. I never complained about the holes...just filled them back in. Now it is like they go days without remembering him, and he has gotten so skinny his ribs show. I give him water all the time. Tonight it just killed me when he let out a long slow cry. My wife stood out in the backyard after they got home to see if they'd feed or water him, which they did not. Their bratty kid makes monster noises at the dog and runs around saying, "shut-up, shut-up," when he cries.:|err

If anyone wants the dog, I'd be willing to drive him to you or meet you half way. He seems like a sweet dog and would probably be so grateful just to have a good home. I would take him, but our dog doesn't get along with other dogs.

I'm just afraid the animal control people will say, "Well, we have to give a warning first, and blah, blah, excuse, excuse."

Wish I had my house still, I would've taken him in 1 second flat.. :( Anywhere has got to be better then where he's at.

RD

·
Registered
615 Posts
please do you best to keep him out of the shelter.. He only has aprox 7 days to be adopted in the shelter and then hes done :mad: just because of the breed.. I own these types of dogs as family pets and there the greatest.. Most of the time they are truly gratefull for the new home... good luck... your doing the right thing

·
About 500' AGL
2,471 Posts
That dog is obviously emaciated and the owners should be brought up on animal cruelty charges. If I lived closer I would come get him right now. Please do something to help that dog. :mad:

·
Slower Than You
557 Posts
I knew better than to click on this thread.:( These asshats need to be chained up witout food or water, so they know what its like.:mad:
So fd up.You are a good person to get involved.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts