Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week.
"Poor" Households Getting $168 in Welfare Per Day from Taxpayers - Katie Pavlich

When will the tax payers be out numbered by the parasites? :shock:

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Just disgusting and no wonder they dont want to work.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The category includes 11 states where private sector workers are outnumbered by people who are dependent on the government. That number would include state workers, and people who are receiving welfare or pension. For example, in California the ratio of “takers versus makers” is bigger than one. If you own a software company that employs 100 people, you’re supporting 139 other people in the state who are on the “takers” list.
Are You Living in a “Death Spiral” State … And If So, What Should You Do About It? | Fox News Insider

I am sure Louisiana isn't long to follow suit! :no:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I especially liked how they included educating teenagers about the problem as part of a solution. One of the biggest problems with people today is the horrible education they are given (almost none at all) on money management. Econ 101 should be a required even before college.

I like Forbes, but this article from November sucked. The calculations used to determine the numbers was geared to make things look as bleak as possible and not even very realistic. Even the writer of the article has come out against the viral email this story has been used in.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, just another of my fucking useless misleading posts. What the fuck ever!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts