Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had pop off piston hang up ? Mine has worked flawless for 2 years. Now it's stuck. I took bowl & impeller off & disassembled the valve itself , but the piston is hung up. I wacked it pretty good with a piece of hickory & sledge hammer but it aint gonna budge. Gonna try and make a puller tomorrow. Don't know what else to do ?
......................Why is It so hard to type on here ? Happens every time I get on PB , anwere else is fne......see !

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
There must be something that got in there with it to hang it up. I have seen a hair make it between the float needle and seat in a carb. And cause it to sieze.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Can you apply heat to it and then hit it?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes , mine has a black neoprene type so I assume its the delron piston. Taking my outboard to the lake, I'll try & take a pic of popoff when I get back....Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder if the delron piston can handle much heat applied ? Still planning on making plate for a puller but worried it'll pull threads out of center off the piston.

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
I would put some penetrant around the edge and let it soak. Make a flat plate that you can bolt to the top of the piston with the 2 bolts holes already there and attach a slide hammer.

·
Registered
597 Posts
River Boat,,,, Probably has sand caked around the seal? when was the last time the Valve was exercised .

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Valve worked the previous weekend. Ron , I soaked it overnite & then wacked it with sledge , I'll soak it again & see if Piazza has a slide hammer I can use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts