Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many hits do u get on a full bottle & what size of bottle do u use ?? Thanks Craig

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
How many hits do u get on a full bottle & what size of bottle do u use ?? Thanks Craig
My problem has been more in the remembering to turn the bottle off when not in use. We use a 2.5 lb Co2 bottle on both the jetboat and A/Fuel car. I pressurize the popoff and neutral gate on the jetboat and control the fuel control valve and emergency shutoffs on the A/F. They both will operate several race events.... until I forget to turn them off and they will bleed down in a day or so.

Gear

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
On a leak free system. I get 10 passes on a 2.5 lb botttle before I choose to refill. You might squeeze out more but why chance losing a run. You might get 12 if you pushed it. Depends how you fill your bottles too. Most of the time you won't get 2.5 lbs in the bottle

·
Registered
601 Posts
On a leak free system. I get 10 passes on a 2.5 lb botttle before I choose to refill. You might squeeze out more but why chance losing a run. You might get 12 if you pushed it. Depends how you fill your bottles too. Most of the time you won't get 2.5 lbs in the bottle
C'mon. I can get 3 in there

·
Registered
939 Posts
bottle

At the tracks a full bottle will last all weekend. When blasting around at the river or lake, I always bring a spare with me. Sucks to run out.

I recall one time at Bakersfield when my daughter was driving. Failed to check the bottle, and at the in ramp it was empty. Decided to not tell her and let her run. When she gets in she's telling me how sluggish the boat felt and I just stood there and went "Uh Huh". Ok, I'll fix it.

Jerry

·
CANT RE MEMBER
1,159 Posts
At the tracks a full bottle will last all weekend. When blasting around at the river or lake, I always bring a spare with me. Sucks to run out.

I recall one time at Bakersfield when my daughter was driving. Failed to check the bottle, and at the in ramp it was empty. Decided to not tell her and let her run. When she gets in she's telling me how sluggish the boat felt and I just stood there and went "Uh Huh". Ok, I'll fix it.

Jerry
Your going to laugh, but at the river, and the bottle runs out, just borrow a friends flipflop and wad it up and shove it in the port around the shaft and that works very well in an emergency, but be warned it kinda messes up your friends flipflop;)

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your going to laugh, but at the river, and the bottle runs out, just borrow a friends flipflop and wad it up and shove it in the port around the shaft and that works very well in an emergency, but be warned it kinda messes up your friends flipflop;)
I guess u could make an adapter & a long bolt just remove the #8 fitting and instal the TOOL. Would be good 2 to get back 2 the trailer I'll make em $50.00 ea.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Beer cans will hold the piston down if you run out of air. Crush two or there and shove it in the pop off and you're dialed.

Cruising around at the river will sometimes cause the pressure regulator to vibrate loose on the bottle and leak. I shut mine off whenever it's anchored and try to have a wrench handy.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beer cans will hold the piston down if you run out of air. Crush two or there and shove it in the pop off and you're dialed.

Cruising around at the river will sometimes cause the pressure regulator to vibrate loose on the bottle and leak. I shut mine off whenever it's anchored and try to have a wrench handy.
So I guess u don't wanna buy my $50.00 POS adapter thingy $hit. Thats great now there $10.00 OBO u guyz are kilin me:)eh:) U will still need the wrench. SOOO much 4 gettin rich:no:

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
I'm new to this Pop Off Shit

Mine is Nelson electric Pop Off and have not had the pleasure of using it yet but is the CO2 used to just close it ??? I guess when I fire mine off I have to go back and push it down or use this funky tool doc gave me ..

·
Registered
379 Posts
i once used the draw string on my trunks to hold the reverse bucket open when i ran out of C02. between the string and beer cans i was super classy.
Mike, you are one lucky guy there wasnt a park ranger at the out ramp. Imagine what he think watching a boat like yours being pulled out, beer cans falling out of the pump, gate tied with string and you tring to explain it all with your pants falling down !Ha not a pleasnent image.

Being a new pop-off owner myself Im really enjoying this thread!:))THumbsUp

Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts