Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just an idea what u guyz think ?? The fitting is ss for strenght. The straps are rated @ 1450 lb. EA Just need to take em in to the strap shop & get them sewn up I should have around $40.00 in them total they will also be sewn around the ss camp near the top of the discharge.
pop off pics 006.jpg pop off pics 003.jpg pop off pics 004.jpg

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,811 Posts
I like it :)bulb patten it and I'll split the profits with you.:)hand

Pump looks good. And so does the OHBA member sticker :D That sticker alone should be worth 3 tenths.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it :)bulb patten it and I'll split the profits with you.:)hand

Pump looks good. And so does the OHBA member sticker :D That sticker alone should be worth 3 tenths.
I dam sure hope sooo 3 on the sticker 2 or 3 in the setup. I wish it was that easy !!!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
While the idea is good. It's already been done with a much thicker strap. Do a quick load calc on the three bolts that hold down the valve. 3.14 x Radius(squared) = the area of the bolt. Say the bolt you are using are the good 450SS bolts that have a Tensile strength of 180,000 PSI. You quickly understand the 1450lbs tensile strength of straps is peanuts in comparison to the strength of the bolts already there. The bosses in the cast housing are weak points too not to mention. The berkeley's are thinner and tend to be the ones that break most of the time, not to mention the ears are weak points in the casting launching the valve into the lake. The clamp over the top of the valve seems to be the best option for guys who don't want to risk it. The shock load is what seems to blow the valves off the boat and the -08 AN line that guys are using on the air dump usually gets snapped too. I think a couple of guys have blown a valve off and had it saved by the AN line but not the norm.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
While the idea is good. It's already been done with a much thicker strap. Do a quick load calc on the three bolts that hold down the valve. 3.14 x Radius(squared) = the area of the bolt. Say the bolt you are using are the good 450SS bolts that have a Tensile strength of 180,000 PSI. You quickly understand the 1450lbs tensile strength of straps is peanuts in comparison to the strength of the bolts already there. The bosses in the cast housing are weak points too not to mention. The berkeley's are thinner and tend to be the ones that break most of the time, not to mention the ears are weak points in the casting launching the valve into the lake. The clamp over the top of the valve seems to be the best option for guys who don't want to risk it. The shock load is what seems to blow the valves off the boat and the -08 AN line that guys are using on the air dump usually gets snapped too. I think a couple of guys have blown a valve off and had it saved by the AN line but not the norm.
I'm just trying to secure it in the event it comes off. Not trying to use the straps for clamping force. Just don't loose it in the drink.Chris said that they haven't lost one with this clamp system YET

·
Registered
4,549 Posts

Sweet tool bench. Wish i had a work area on my boat to throw the loose tools on.....
I have an extra snap on tool cart i could sell you cheap.;)

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kinda like this ?
Yep Shit I would've bought that. Hell 40 bucks and some time. I think it'll keep it off the bottom that's what I'm after. This things a pig compared to the fast guyz. Our goal is 5.80 1000' It may take 40# of boost to get there just want to do it once. Been 6.004 105-107 deg 5500 da 70% hum 25 psi I think it's doable.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sweet tool bench. Wish i had a work area on my boat to throw the loose tools on.....
I have an extra snap on tool cart i could sell you cheap.;)
I have 2 carts full of $hit. I just lay a towel down & start stackin beer cans & tools when I can't find stuff I stop and clean up & make another mess & repeat it's a vicious cycle

·
CANT RE MEMBER
1,159 Posts
Yep Shit I would've bought that. Hell 40 bucks and some time. I think it'll keep it off the bottom that's what I'm after. This things a pig compared to the fast guyz. Our goal is 5.80 1000' It may take 40# of boost to get there just want to do it once. Been 6.004 105-107 deg 5500 da 70% hum 25 psi I think it's doable.
You have the right idea, to keep it from going to the bottom, or worst yet, stay on the line and beat the crap out of the back of your boat.
Looks good!!

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You need to pick up one of those work covers the the Doctor is making, they really save the paint or gel
Yea I need one for sure. I just lay a towel down and start stackin till I cant find anything then clean up. What's the Doc. get for the cover ??

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the drain plug holder on the trailer....!

...:))THumbsUp
It's great when it gets crazy at the races just 1 less thing to worry about

1 - 17 of 17 Posts