Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the ol tub running decent and need a pop off. Who has the best one and pro's and con's ?? Thanks Craig

·
Back into Boats
178 Posts
I haven't seen CS19's. We were going to use John Mill's unit for our Eliminator before we sold it. We had plans to put our engine in our eliminator until we decided to swap to the dark side.....

That's a fast running jet boat. You led us all the way down the track......My brother said "He just kept pulling on me"!

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
We got the ol tub running decent and need a pop off. Who has the best one and pro's and con's ?? Thanks Craig
craig, good job gettin the thing to run. i saw one pass from behind the staging lanes, and it looked real good.
you should get a new dominator suction piece before bolting a popoff on the thing. :)

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't seen CS19's. We were going to use John Mill's unit for our Eliminator before we sold it. We had plans to put our engine in our eliminator until we decided to swap to the dark side.....

That's a fast running jet boat. You led us all the way down the track......My brother said "He just kept pulling on me"!
Thanks Its been a long road !!! Still have a way's to go. Jeff (BAM BAM) the driver was lovin it.All I do is spin the wrenches. Craig

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd contact cs19 or John mills. The big mouth and the mills valve are on the fastest boats going right now. Heard quite a few problems about the meirsch valve chewing orings and galling issues internally.

·
Pro Gas Jet
747 Posts
valve

If your interested John Mills is making a new lighter version valve. Ive been running it all year and has worked flawlessly.

IMG_2910.JPG

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Craig has seen mine. It's a Big Mouth from CS

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Ive been running John Mills' pop off on my boat for a year now and have yet to work on it. It works flawlessly, no o-rings failing or chewing up, no leaks, no BS. More importantly, John's customer service cannot be beat. Great guy to do business with.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ive been running John Mills' pop off on my boat for a year now and have yet to work on it. It works flawlessly, no o-rings failing or chewing up, no leaks, no BS. More importantly, John's customer service cannot be beat. Great guy to do business with.
I'm glad to hear that. Peterson is installing my new Mills pop off in my placecraft as we speak. Your right about John being a good guy, really enjoyed working with him.

·
It's a sickness
1,354 Posts
x2, John is a great guy to deal with!

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Chris.....I didn't know that you were building pop off valves now. I thought that the guy I met at the last race from Livermore was making them.
I dont manufacture them Donny, not sure where that came from. I did alot of the inital testing and R&D on them and I sell them and install them quite a bit.. The current model has linear bearings that the shafts ride on, its very trick. There is little or no maintenence anymore on these, they are dialed in.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
So could someone explain the mechanics of these? In basic terms, does this work like an air brake chamber where you have air pressure holding back mechanical spring? Do you release the air pressure to allow a spring to open the valve, or does air pressure open the valve? Also, I've seen some that looked like they had 2 lines on top like 8-N size, is there different versions?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I as well run the Big Mouth pop off that Chris can get you. it has performed very well! wouldnt have a jet without it now.

Darin

1 - 20 of 63 Posts