Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we want out to Gordon's Well this past weekend, and were having a great time. It was still hot but fun none the less. Everything was going great until Sunday morning. I was sitting there having my coffee, talking with the group, when I had to go into the trailer go get something. That's when I realized, some POS stole my CR500! I can't believe it. The worst part is, I just spent $ 800 going through the motor and installing a new clutch basket ect..ect.. All I can say is, I hope the rat bastard kills himself on it.

Darrell.

·
Steady Rollin
1,165 Posts
thats a total bust. I'm sorry to hear that.

Post up on RaceDesert, District37 and other sites. Watch Craigslist as well.

Best of luck.

Was it locked up?

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
That sucks! I lock my stuff up but still think about it while I am sleeping. One night in Glamis it sounded like somebody was dragging something away and I woke up in a frenzy to get out of bed to check it out. I ate shit getting out of bed. :p

Ended up being some guys on Gecko with a flat or something at like 3am.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks guys. It was locked in my trailer. They cut the locks. Must have been casing the site during the day. Here are the Vin #'s just in case.

1994 Honda CR500.
Vin# JH2PEO2OORM301054.

Darrell.

·
Steady Rollin
1,165 Posts
Hey thanks guys. It was locked in my trailer. They cut the locks. Must have been casing the site during the day. Here are the Vin #'s just in case.

1994 Honda CR500.
Vin# JH2PEO2OORM301054.

Darrell.
eh, thats awesome. I think i'm gonna end up sleeping on my bike from here on out =(

No chance you have the motor numbers?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
that SUCKS! Sorry to hear about that. I used to have many uneasy nights out there with my quads outside :( never had anything stolen though... MANY customers did, when I was with Alba.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Lots of people are leaving their RV's at the dunes when they go home.
Was that your situation?

The Mezzican border is just a few hundred yards away from the Gordons entrance.

Easy pickins. The border patrol only stops Northbound ATV traffic.

No question that some El Golfo and San Felipe ATV rental places get their rolling stock from Gordons and Buttercup thieves.

The VIN's are welded over or simply ground off, and their quad supply is vast,, endless and a wildly varried selection.
Not like Pismo or Ft Lauderdale or San Diego based ATV rental biz's where the shop operator buys a common model fleet deal from the MFG's.

Just my 2 cents, I could be wrong, hope you recover it.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts

1994 Honda CR500.
Vin# JH2PEO2OORM301054.

Darrell.

Hello Darrell:

Sorry to hear about the theft. I hope you reported the theft to the DMV and the police if the theives were local it will either be parted out or dumped somewhere. If the theives are from Mexico kiss it good bye as stated by other members it will probably be at a rental shop.

This gets me thinking some locals like the CR500 for engine swaps in their quads since the quad is usually registered the motor swap will not trigger a vin check for green sticker purposes. They must have really wanted that specific bike ie...1994 CR500---I mean why risk your life for that bike ie...14 year old bike. This is not a slam just thinking about the why take such a risk---then again the criminal mind is not always the sharpest.

The above makes more sense when you see nice newer KTM 450s running around which are worth considerably more in both parts and resale in whatever country/hands it ends up.

Once again, sorry to hear about the theft see you at HSV.

Take Care,

KAP

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
That sucks, I hate thieves:|err
I usually park and lock up the bikes right where I'm sleeping and make it difficult to do anything without making any noise.
My kids were always pissed in the morning 'cuz I'd tangle stuff so even they couldn't get them loose to go ride.:p

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
sorry to hear this brotha... its amazing the extentpeople will go to! we caught a guy trying to steal our car in the middle of the night... he had cut both cable locks and was trying to push it away but forgot about the lock in the rotor! lets just say he ran into the darkness faster than a mexican crossing the boarder:|err

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
This is the main reason I got insurance on my Rhino. I couldn't afford to replace it if it was stolen so now I don't really worry about it too much.

·
Registered
646 Posts
sorry to hear the bad news this type of crap really get my bloodpressure up..focking pos...good luck with finding it. i know people gemerally strip them and toss the rest....on a lighter side i suprised no one in here blamed obama, black people, gas prices, or the economy...:D

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
sorry to hear the bad news this type of crap really get my bloodpressure up..focking pos...good luck with finding it. i know people gemerally strip them and toss the rest....on a lighter side i suprised no one in here blamed obama, black people, gas prices, or the economy...:D
Nice....:D

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Some talk Obama backed over Jordy with a PU truck.:D

·
Registered
797 Posts
We always used a heavy chain to lock the bikes together. We would snake it through the frames and rims. That way they would have to make quite a bit of noise to get the bikes loose.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Man that sucks !!!!!!

I'll sell you mine

1986 cr500r

fresh motor and new right side cover and water pump assy.

May trade 4 some guns..

btw.........

I'll keep an eye out for it here in vegas. Hope we find it for you.

Rick

1 - 20 of 34 Posts