Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's available for jet racing application... I blew a PD reverse bucket off :knockout:

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Put a spring over the cable end so it holds it open all the time. Makes it nice on the launch, just let go of the handle and it springs open.
That's what I had before I went co2

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Put a spring over the cable end so it holds it open all the time. Makes it nice on the launch, just let go of the handle and it springs open.
That's what I had before I went co2

That's a good idea right there. Thanks :cool:

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There have been a few posted up for sale in the past, modded for race application. Not too concerned about reverse lock position, but want it to lock when open, with nothing in between for detents.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Curious how u blew the bucket off? I would of thought the pressure/out id nozzle would of kept the bucket open, maybe it wasn't open all the way at take off? Or maybe is fell slightly and I sister of pushing back open it grabbed enough pressure to bust it off

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Curious how u blew the bucket off? I would of thought the pressure/out id nozzle would of kept the bucket open, maybe it wasn't open all the way at take off? Or maybe is fell slightly and I sister of pushing back open it grabbed enough pressure to bust it off
Reverse shoot is blocked off...... happened just past the starting tree, rough water, I'm sure I bumped it closed. It did not totally break off, but did pull the pin out of the nozzle on one side. This has happened once before, rough water conditions, the worst feeling is loss of steering, left is right, and right is left, all while hanging on for the ride.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Widowmaker had one in his Daytona, that was set up for locking closed, and locking open, the center had been milled out

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Widowmaker had one in his Daytona, that was set up for locking closed, and locking open, the center had been milled out
just take the thing apart, fill the neutral and reverse detents with belzona, smooth it out with small grinder (dremel), and you're golden. used mine that way for years before we installed co2 shifter. easy. lube up the channel a little bit so it slides forward nice and smooth.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ran mine to a spring loaded pedal back in the dark ages. Let off the pedal and the bucket is open. Made it nice for two hands on the rope on a breezy day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts