Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
#007 - Seventh Youngblood TX-20 constructed.

As I am a sentimental old fool and this boat was ordered new by my late boat buddy John Sullivan, I will more than likely have this boat for life. Original gelcoat boat and scheme.

1X.jpg

x15.jpg

x09.jpg

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Nice boat Gear. Did you get it put back together?
Boat is sitting there all pretty in the storage shop waiting for reassembly:) I just have too many projects:) Currently preparing the A/Fuel car and Daytona for 2013 season. I pulled the Daytona engine down for a freshen up, all looked good, touched up a few things and began reassembly yesterday.

I really don't know when I'll get the old TX-20 back together..... but she looks great and is not going anywhere!

·
Registered
721 Posts
old Youngblood

Boat is lost went to Mo or Kn in about 1990 painted blue then stolen.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
how fast?

How fast do you plan on pushing it. Some start to bounce in the nineties or around a hundred. A few phone calls and it can be fixed though. I personally love these boats.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How fast do you plan on pushing it. Some start to bounce in the nineties or around a hundred. A few phone calls and it can be fixed though. I personally love these boats.
I hope to run 100 plus. The boat i have is a 1987 Kustom Kraft and has bottom mods out of the mold, talking with Irvin he said these mods should be worth 5mph at 100.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Tx20

that's the way it was when i purchased it from bruce penny. maybe keith talley can tell us how it came to be that way!

·
Registered
721 Posts
drive shaft

You have a driveshaft in your boat? Need to ask Gear or Scott Sea but I think these boat like a pretty long one.

·
Registered
721 Posts
gear head

Gear head here on the boards is building one TIGERTOOTH also has a lot of knowledge on these boats. After the first of the year more folks wil be on here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gear head here on the boards is building one TIGERTOOTH also has a lot of knowledge on these boats. After the first of the year more folks wil be on here.
Ok. I plan on going to Hot Springs to see Scott in the next few weeks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts