Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is to post all photos, videos and information pertaining to mini boats. Whether you are restoring a classic, building a custom, spotted one on the lake, saw one online and want to share it, etc...post your photos and videos here and give as much information about the boats as possible. Year, Make, Model, Length, Power, Drive Type, etc.

**EDIT: There is also a NEW Mini Boat forum for all us Mini Boat Guys. www.MiniBoatMadness.com Post your minis there too! A great community and any small boats are welcome!**

I'll start!

I purchased this boat in June 2011.

Year: 1988
Make: Addictor
Model: 333 (Bambino)
Length: 10'
Horsepower: 40
Drive Type: Outboard
Top Speed: 28mph (GPS)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here it is now after a Jet Drive Conversion.

Year: 1988
Make: Addictor
Model: 333 (Bambino)
Horsepower: 110 (Seadoo 787cc Rotax engine)
Drive Type: Jet Drive (Seadoo 140mm pump)
Top Speed: 45mph (GPS) Should do 50 or better after some fine tuning in the spring.

Blizzard Pearl White Paint

And a video from the first float. This was taken in late fall here in MN, just before winter rolled in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ok here's mine, its getting a complete rebuild right now.

was converted to jet drive by previous owner.

Year: unknown
Make: G.W.
Model: invader
Horsepower: 60 (800cc Suzuki from wetbike)
Drive Type: Jet Drive (matching wetbike pump with aftermarket bowl)
Top Speed: 28mph (sucking in air through hole in the hull, being fixed now)

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

·
Registered
840 Posts
Year: 198?
Make: Quarter Craft
Model: Qolt
Length: 9'
Horsepower: 40 (440cc similar to Kawi jet ski motor)
Drive Type: Jet Drive (Brute pump)
Top Speed: 28mph (Not GPS but i was paced by a comp bass boat with gps speedo)

it ran great but not fast enough. Still depating on using modified brute pump and a 750cc motor or cutting the bottom of the boat apart to swap in a 1300 rotax and pump out of a seadoo XP that i have laying around

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
the one and only time I put a picture of my little pickle on the net. I was made fun of.:)Unsure so here it is again waiting for a new heart. the "Gherkin" as it was called:bat: I dig the small boats too.:happy:

sport boat
11' long
this was a jet, then a 50hp OB

Gherkin was a pretty funny name for it. :))THumbsUp

Attachments

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
LOL! at HST4ME. ;) Driven a 14.5' Hydrostream Vandal with a Merc 200 carb motor in the high 80s if not low 90s long ago.. It would get your attention to say the least!

That's only 6" over! ;)

·
Bah...
2,546 Posts
the one and only time I put a picture of my little pickle on the net. I was made fun of.:)Unsure so here it is again waiting for a new heart. the "Gherkin" as it was called:bat: I dig the small boats too.:happy:

sport boat
11' long
this was a jet, then a 50hp OB

Gherkin was a pretty funny name for it. :))THumbsUp

I've been looking for one of those since I've been 12 years old. Find an SST 60 for it. Paul this makes up for the 6 inches the other is over.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Wow, this thread is blowing up. So cool to see the wide variety of minis all you guys have here!

HST4ME, Those boats looks like they have plenty of power for their size. I want some more info on those!! What's that boat with the 75 on it? Also, what size is that Merc you had on it?

Sleek Freak, BAHAHAHA!! That boat is so F'n cool!!! I didn't realize from the pic you posted on my thread that is looks like it has a rear facing bench as well? Is it still running these days. Still have the 50 on it? Looks awfully dusty now, haha. That mini looks thirsty!

mdsheppie, MOOOOORE PICSSSS! That paint looks KILLER! It looks like the St Martin F11 or F13. Did St Martin buy the molds from Fantasy or something?

Audio Options, The Cougar Cubs are one of my favorite. One day I will build one. I bet it has a nice system huh? How do you generally power audio equip in boats/Jet skis with these smaller engines that use stators instead of alternators like the big boys?

Thanks everyone for contributing so far! Keep the small boats alive, and keep the photos coming! :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
wow this thread took off!

where are all the people with minis from in Michigan? we need to have our own north east mini meet lol

i really want to get another mini to put an outboard on!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts