Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does $5 mean to you? Ask yourself.....and see what you can come up with. Can you help someone to try and buy their life back....yes you can! To me its a bag of chips and a soda, maybe a meal from a fast food restaurant.....To my dear friend it means saving his life. If all of us here could contribute possibly $1 each, maybe even $5 or $10 each, it would mean the world to him.

http://www.savetonyverdugo.com/

Again I am posting this for Shawn Gibson and his family. This is a personal friend of he and his wife.

G

·
What does $5 mean to you? Ask yourself.....and see what you can come up with. Can you help someone to try and buy their life back....yes you can! To me its a bag of chips and a soda, maybe a meal from a fast food restaurant.....To my dear friend it means saving his life. If all of us here could contribute possibly $1 each, maybe even $5 or $10 each, it would mean the world to him.

Again I am posting this for Shawn Gibson and his family. This is a personal friend of he and his wife.
Hopefully my modest donation will help.

Thoughts are with the Gibson family

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
God bless him. :( I lost 2 great friends this week and you want to do all you can while they are still here to show your love.

I will pray for Tony.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

Is this the same Tony that used to run Drai's after hours club in vegas back in the day?

·
Registered
20,029 Posts
i dont know him....but he needs r help....paypal donation sent....

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Thats a nasty hand he was delt. One day fit as a fiddle the next fighting for your life.

I noticed it said "every human has 2 kidneys". Thats not true. My younger brother's kidneys quit working when he was 16, 27 years ago. You learn alot about the kidneys and not everone has 2. In most cases people live out their life not knowing, the unfortunate ones find out if they have a problem. My mother has been living off one for 25 years, yes my brother has the other one. And it quit after 10 years. And if you get a transplant you only get one.

I know what this guy is going through and how his family is taking it. Our family has be going throughit for 27+ years. Kinda makes you bitter.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Not to politicize the thread, but one sentence leapt out at me: "Like many in the service industry, Tony was not able to establish a health insurance policy". It is shameful that any citizen has to be in this situation in a country as wealthy as ours. To think that a man can work hard all his life and then end up dependent upon the charity of strangers is a disgrace.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Not to politicize the thread, but one sentence leapt out at me: "Like many in the service industry, Tony was not able to establish a health insurance policy". It is shameful that any citizen has to be in this situation in a country as wealthy as ours. To think that a man can work hard all his life and then end up dependent upon the charity of strangers is a disgrace.

Is isn't a cheap fix, that's for sure. My brothers first transplant was $100.000.00 and that was back in 1985. My fathers insurance covered it all. I thank Reynolds Aluminum for that. With all of the new anti rejection drugs they have today, this man will live a full life.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You know what we have here is an amazing group of people. You dont even no this person but are willing to help with whatever you can. It truely is un common in todays society to find people like your selfs. My family and most of all tony can not thank you all enough. It brings a tear to my eye to see that there are still many good people and I am proud to say that I member of pb.com.:)devil

PS: If there is anything I can do for any of you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!!

Shawn & Angela Gibson

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You know what we have here is an amazing group of people. You dont even no this person but are willing to help with whatever you can. It truely is un common in todays society to find people like your selfs. My family and most of all tony can not thank you all enough. It brings a tear to my eye to see that there are still many good people and I am proud to say that I member of pb.com.:)devil

PS: If there is anything I can do for any of you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!!

Shawn & Angela Gibson
Thanks everyone for your help. Again I do not know tony but when I saw this on Shawns Facebook I offered to post it here because I knew it would do some good, especially since Shawns family is so involved in performance boating.

Thank you all I knew you would help out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts