Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea that's what i'm talking about - with big fat chunks of candian bacon - thick and creamy. salt and pepper . THen a nice fire in the fireplace -- that's living the - e-z :D

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course. That would be very nice of you.
This will be the first time i have ever said this , I will get my MOM right on it lol -- give me a day !

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Throw some clams in there and now your talking! ;)
last friday night i had Cippino - I enjoyed the hell out of it till i got the fricken bill .. sea food has gone threw the roof

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Damn-it ! Now I'm hungry. You guys did this the other day with steaks. Got hungry for a steak so today Von's has Bone in Ribeyes for $5.99 @ lb and King Crab Legs for $8.99 @ lb and loaded up on both. But I tell you what, nothing beats a good bowl of clam chowder and some fresh baked bread!!:)grn

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I like this one...except I usually boil the potatoes and try not to crush them so they resemble chunky mashed potatoes, and i add massive amounts of cheddar cheese, so its more like potato cheese soup..

Ingredients

• 4 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
  • 6 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extrasharp cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
  • 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
  • Cracked black pepper (optional)

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°.
Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes; coarsely mash.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flour in a large Dutch oven; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 8 minutes). Add mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 8 bowls. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons onions, and about 1 tablespoon bacon. Garnish with cracked pepper, if desired.

·
Former HB visitor
837 Posts
Damn-it ! Now I'm hungry. You guys did this the other day with steaks. Got hungry for a steak so today Von's has Bone in Ribeyes for $5.99 @ lb and King Crab Legs for $8.99 @ lb and loaded up on both. But I tell you what, nothing beats a good bowl of clam chowder and some fresh baked bread!!:)grn
Get a small round loaf, hollow out and use as a bowl. EAT that bowl! Works for chili too!:)devil

·
Former HB visitor
837 Posts
I like this one...except I usually boil the potatoes and try not to crush them so they resemble chunky mashed potatoes, and i add massive amounts of cheddar cheese, so its more like potato cheese soup..

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon salt

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°.
Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes; coarsely mash.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flour in a large Dutch oven; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 8 minutes). Add mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 8 bowls. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons onions, and about 1 tablespoon bacon. Garnish with cracked pepper, if desired.
That reduced fat milk keep the dish Healthy:p Sounds awesome printed it out!

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°.
You forgot the green chilies

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Green chilis? hmm... im trying to image how that would taste? and yeah its a light cooking recipe which i dont follow...also when you cook it be careful not to burn the flour milk mixture, it burns easy and you may not notice until you finish the batch, (especially if you have been drinking whilst cooking) dont ask me how i know;), just taste the flour milk after its bubbly to make sure it doesnt taste burnt...other than that its a tasty recipe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts