Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am PCing some parts today. I have split the tunnel ram. Should I avoid getting powder in the runners??? Or would coating the runners be advantageous??

I will tape the gasket surfaces.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
I am PCing some parts today. I have split the tunnel ram. Should I avoid getting powder in the runners??? Or would coating the runners be advantageous??

I will tape the gasket surfaces.
Hey Tim, ping Austin (AHP) or WAJetboy. He does nice work......

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
keep the powder on the outside only. the fuel will breakdown the powder and it will eventually run through the system resulting in a very bad day.:D

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Awwww tha good ole BLACK BITCH :) I love tha name :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
hey tim if you have any question let me know, i know it can be a pain to coat for the first time. i also wouldn't coat the inside. what and who's blk are you using?
here is a bunch of stuff i did this morning

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the intake coated. Don't let anybody tell you this is easy!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Little confused. Are you guys coating these things yourself? Are you just using your household oven to bake the PC on? I've never heard of anybody doing that at home.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Little confused. Are you guys coating these things yourself? Are you just using your household oven to bake the PC on? I've never heard of anybody doing that at home.
Lots of DIY kits out there, yes you can use a electric oven(not in your house) to bake the parts.

·
Registered
417 Posts
yes Tim did it himself with a smaller oven i believe a household type oven and a hobby gun, i own a powder and ceramic coating business, with a large oven and a pro gun.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just playing around with my stuff. Old home oven and an Eastwood hobby setup. It is actually a lot of work. It is a bitch getting the stuff clean. I am hoping to branch out a little with some of my boating friends.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts