Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be at Lake Powell July 23-26 for a quick trip. I know the water is up, the cut is open, but any other things to be aware of? We plan to camp +/- Dangling Rope area, not sure yet. Thanks for the help.

·
Senior Expert
249 Posts
We will be at Lake Powell July 23-26 for a quick trip. I know the water is up, the cut is open, but any other things to be aware of? We plan to camp +/- Dangling Rope area, not sure yet. Thanks for the help.

West Canyon (check the map) isn't to far from Dangling Rope. We setup there for nearly a week once and it was great, stunning view. You can boat into the end of the canyon too and hike a ways up the slot canyon.

·
HELL OF A GUY
3,056 Posts
hey,i just opened a little coffee shop in big water(its in front of the cowboy motel)stop and let me know what you think;)its just a little drive through,but she has all the different coffee's/ice coffee's;):D

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
West Canyon (check the map) isn't to far from Dangling Rope. We setup there for nearly a week once and it was great, stunning view. You can boat into the end of the canyon too and hike a ways up the slot canyon.
Thanks. We had the houseboats there a couple of years ago and it was great. We will probably check that out. Two years ago we stayed on the Escalante and it was AMAZING, hardly saw anyone in 10 days!!

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
726 Posts
There is a little driftwood but nothing major. I was there camping for 4 days over July 4th weekend. The cut is about 30' deep and plenty of width for multiple boats, houseboats and tour boats. We camped in the back arm of Cookie Jar and it was great. The beach was huge, plenty of nice sand and great location for a houseboat of two. You could even set the houseboats 100' apart if you chose to.

We usually camp in Oak Bay (MM 53) but the nice beaches there have been real limited due to the high water (which is a great thing).

Going back again in September :)

Have fun and be safe.
Roln 20s

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
There is a little driftwood but nothing major. I was there camping for 4 days over July 4th weekend. The cut is about 30' deep and plenty of width for multiple boats, houseboats and tour boats. We camped in the back arm of Cookie Jar and it was great. The beach was huge, plenty of nice sand and great location for a houseboat of two. You could even set the houseboats 100' apart if you chose to.

We usually camp in Oak Bay (MM 53) but the nice beaches there have been real limited due to the high water (which is a great thing).

Have fun and be safe.
Roln 20s
would that be all expense paid trip for your dist. in sept...:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good info, that is the area we were gonna try for, thanks.

Have fun and be safe.
Roln 20s

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.