Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***CANCELLED***** Powellfest 2009

Well, we've been talked into doing this again!! The 2009 Powellfest will be held on August 13th-16th this year. There will be one significant change this year. This year, the event is going to be more kid/family friendly. We will still be doing the Poker Run, Pig Roast and such.

With the downturn in the economy, houseboats are pretty cheap. Beach camping is always an option as well as staying at the local hotels and running uplake. The actual site of the event won't be determined until June or so, depending on water levels.

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts
Well, we've been talked into doing this again!! The 2009 Powellfest will be held on August 13th-16th this year. There will be one significant change this year. This year, the event is going to be more kid/family friendly. We will still be doing the Poker Run, Pig Roast and such.

With the downturn in the economy, houseboats are pretty cheap. Beach camping is always an option as well as staying at the local hotels and running uplake. The actual site of the event won't be determined until June or so, depending on water levels.
Count us in Don! We did our first Powell trip (and 1st beach camping trip as well!) last September for a week (thanks to all for your tips and suggestions). Stayed in the Escalante ARM as a base camp and explored as much as we could (many times at 70 mph and many times at 5 mph ;)), only to discover this is ONE BIG LAKE worth coming back too each year! :D

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
So...sleeping on a Bennington shouldn't be a problem right? Every time I read one of these things I want to make it but it is always around Sturgis time. Maybe this is the year I make it! A definite maybe for me :)

·
Re - Member?
768 Posts
I'm in!!

As of now, I don't have my kids that weekend. I'm in either way:)hand

Not sure if i'll get w/ a group on a house boat or just tent it or sleep on an airmatress under the stars (and occasional rain drops) like last year.

Many people slept on there boats last year. If I had my pontoon boat still I'd of done the same.

I can't wait to see everyone again from last year and meet new people too.:)bulb

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm new to this forum, but is this invite only. It sound like a cool trip to take the kids on...
This trip is open to whoever decides they want to show up. In past years, the trip has been more adult oriented, but this year we are changing that up a bit and working it into a more kid friendly trip. Granted, it won't be Disney Land, but it will be tamer than what you would see at Havasu.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This trip is open to whoever decides they want to show up. In past years, the trip has been more adult oriented, but this year we are changing that up a bit and working it into a more kid friendly trip. Granted, it won't be Disney Land, but it will be tamer than what you would see at Havasu.

Sweet, sound like a blast...

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Where about at powell is it again? I have a bud with a houseboat at antelope marina, if it's half way close to that I'm going to start to work on him now.lol

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where about at powell is it again? I have a bud with a houseboat at antelope marina, if it's half way close to that I'm going to start to work on him now.lol
It usually depends on how many people we get committed and the water level. Padre Bay seems to work out the best for this due to the proximity of the Marinas and availibility of beaches.

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I the past years was this a swingers retreat?? thats what I had heard and the word going round..........
Wrong o Bucko.....

Granted, there are probably people that have attended that were known to participate in those activities, but in 4 years, I never saw anything above and beyond what you would see at the sandbar happening there.

As is stated above, We are trying to make this a more family oriented event and if you don't have anything productive to add, please feel free to not post here.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Soooooooooooo your boat will be the one with the stripper pole??:)hand Edit ooops mardonzi snuck a post in on me while I was typing.lol

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
So...sleeping on a Bennington shouldn't be a problem right? Every time I read one of these things I want to make it but it is always around Sturgis time. Maybe this is the year I make it! A definite maybe for me :)
Tom after our house boat trip (first time) week on Lake Powell and on a house boat we were definately thinking of bringing our Bennington back out this year for atleast a few days,Our boats would be perfect.
I think we will try to make this trip.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Tom after our house boat trip (first time) week on Lake Powell and on a house boat we were definately thinking of bringing our Bennington back out this year for atleast a few days,Our boats would be perfect.
I think we will try to make this trip.
The only thing that kind of intimidates me is the lack of personal knowledge of Lake Powell myself. Would have to make sure I had a good crew along with me for sure.

Our Sturgis thing is kind of falling apart which would have sunk this trip. Dales daughter Amber is due with her first right at that time so I am sure Dale/Lisa will be hanging close to home.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The only thing that kind of intimidates me is the lack of personal knowledge of Lake Powell myself. Would have to make sure I had a good crew along with me for sure.

Our Sturgis thing is kind of falling apart which would have sunk this trip. Dales daughter Amber is due with her first right at that time so I am sure Dale/Lisa will be hanging close to home.
Sturgis is not on our list this year as much as i'd like,too much going on and not enough time off this year.
But as far as Powell i was alittle intimidated at first but the lake is really easy to navigate with a map and it's very well marked.
I'm sure this crew knows thier way around as well,plus if we go out there you are welcome to follow along until we meet up with the others.If you haven't been words & pics can't explain the beauty.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Sturgis is not on our list this year as much as i'd like,too much going on and not enough time off this year.
But as far as Powell i was alittle intimidated at first but the lake is really easy to navigate with a map and it's very well marked.
I'm sure this crew knows thier way around as well,plus if we go out there you are welcome to follow along until we meet up with the others.If you haven't been words & pics can't explain the beauty.
I am going to try to work this out. Never been there and have always wanted to. If I do I will be sleeping on my boat....

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
so are you say'n all the wifes won't be naked in the x rated area this year?
and the problem with that would be??????????????

NOTE: I don't have one.....lol

I have never heard that stuff before Steve. I have tried to attend them before in the past but just couldn't work it out.

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ask a simple question??????? I was told that the house boat were for swappers
by more than one........

I'd rather just ask so I don't have to cut someones penis off...
The worst thing that I saw happen last year was a couple of topless women dancing on the top of a houseboat after dark... The most obscene event was actually AZWetandWilds's LCD TV falling off the side of the houseboat as we were trying to watch the Olympics

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This dealio is in august right, isn't it too hot in the evening to sleep on a pontoon like in Havasu or does it cool down enough ?
It cools down really nice for sleeping. Temps at night are usually down into the low to mid 70s. Out on the deck is actually our favorite place to sleep.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts