Performance Boats Forum banner

Power Chevrolet Valencia - Horrible

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Castaicpiper 
#1 ·
STAY AWAY FROM POWER CHEVROLET VALENCIA, CA!!!!!!!!:mad:

I just picked up my Suburban from the GMC dealer. Here is the brief story.

After hearing Valencia Power Chevrolet tell me I need a whole new transfer case on my 2003 Z71 to the tune of $2200 :))eek:)) (this after "fixing" my transfer case module FOUR times) and a $600 repair to fix the rear window motor, I told them I would come down and pick it up....do not do anything. I have done some of my own work, and I knew it was not a mechanical issue with the transfer case. They were stubborn about it, but could not give any details other than an internal clutch thing needed replacement. What a joke. They confirm every fear people have about dealerships!!!

I called a good friend of mine who is a mechanic and he did a little TSB Bulletin research and found a similar problem with some codes. He faxed me the printout and it had some information regarding a code 0327 and some other things to check. He also said to check the GMC dealer (which is just down the street). I called and a lady service adviser (Robin, very knowledgeable) answered. After just a bit of conversation, she feels it is a 0327 encoder motor! Right on the money with the TSB. I take it down immediately.

Well just picked it up, $500 for an encoder motor and complete check up. The transfer case module was not even in a bracket and was hanging down (thanks Power Chevrolet). They drained the transfer case fluids to check for gear shavings or clutch materials....nothing. Clean as can be (Power is a scam!).

Oh, and the window just needed a track cleaning and lube. No charge.

Parkway GMC Valencia is as high quality and integrity of a dealership I have ever been involved with. They have won me over big time and saved me over $2000 dollars. :):):) They will now see all my business and my high praise to others.

See less See more
#2 ·
The screwing you were going to get comes from the service person. They are on commission, most are any way. So he may have needed some cash for xmas. Gas cap gode is the most common, people don't turn them tight enough or forget to put them back in.

#4 ·
The screwing you were going to get comes from AutoNation, owner of Power dealers..
Fixed it for ya..

I worked for these pricks for about a year, and it was the WORST organization I have had the displeasure of working for. So much red tape that absolutely nothing would get done...they wouldn't stand behind their techs, yet always asked the techs to take chances with repairs. The tech was probably shellshocked about getting his hours backflagged when the bulletin didn't fix it, so recommended the whole T-case. I don't blame him if the management is anything like it was when I worked there, and you did the right thing taking it elsewhere

#3 ·

Parkway GMC Valencia is as high quality and integrity of a dealership I have ever been involved with. They have won me over big time and saved me over $2000 dollars. :):):) They will now see all my business and my high praise to others.
I agree with you 100% Halvecto. I have had my Denali in to them 3 different times for various reasons and received nothing but the finest service. Robin is the best. One time last year I was at Havasu and when I pulled my hitch and put back on the molded hitch cover I must have not put the screw lock on correctly and lost the cover (about a $300 item once painted). I took it in to Parkway and they ordered me a new on, and painted it black to match. Price of that service $ 0.00. :D

I have bought 3 cars from them and will go back again when the time calls..

#6 ·

I just picked up my Suburban from the GMC dealer. Here is the brief story.

After hearing Valencia Power Chevrolet tell me I need a whole new transfer case on my 2003 Z71 to the tune of $2200 :))eek:)) (this after "fixing" my transfer case module FOUR times) and a $600 repair to fix the rear window motor, I told them I would come down and pick it up....do not do anything. I have done some of my own work, and I knew it was not a mechanical issue with the transfer case. They were stubborn about it, but could not give any details other than an internal clutch thing needed replacement. What a joke. They confirm every fear people have about dealerships!!!

I called a good friend of mine who is a mechanic and he did a little TSB Bulletin research and found a similar problem with some codes. He faxed me the printout and it had some information regarding a code 0327 and some other things to check. He also said to check the GMC dealer (which is just down the street). I called and a lady service adviser (Robin, very knowledgeable) answered. After just a bit of conversation, she feels it is a 0327 encoder motor! Right on the money with the TSB. I take it down immediately.

Well just picked it up, $500 for an encoder motor and complete check up. The transfer case module was not even in a bracket and was hanging down (thanks Power Chevrolet). They drained the transfer case fluids to check for gear shavings or clutch materials....nothing. Clean as can be (Power is a scam!).

Oh, and the window just needed a track cleaning and lube. No charge.

btw, the lady you talked to (robin) she is one of the top service advisors in the nation statistic wise. she is awsome. i worked with her for four years at rally chevrolet.

#8 ·
Its the same group at the dealer when it was Scott Irwin Chev. I caused a uproar in their showroon years ago when the service tried to charge me for work they didnt do. I needed a fuel pump replaced under warentee and the asshole service writer tried to charge me for r&r my trailor hitch funny thing was it was welded on and the welds wernt touched. The service writer oh I guess we wont charge you for that. That wasnt good enought for me! I called the BBB and Beu. of auto repair infront the the manager and made the report as he was swearing at me while on the phone. Needles to say the people taking my report told me I was the third call about them that day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.