Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do most run for power valves on N/A motors? I'm going to have an e85 carb built but can't decide if I need a PV, and can't find a lot of info for what people are running in v-drive boats. I've had success not running one previously but not sure that is the best route to go?
I'll be running a 454 BBC 30 over, performer rpm intake, Herbert Mech Roller CB6K, [email protected] int/exh 285/290, [email protected] 245/255, lift int/exh 665/680, lobe ctr 106, lash .018-.020, rpm range 2500-6800.
I'm just running a c72 with a casale 12% over.
Unfortunately I won't have it running until after I get the carb.
Thanks!

·
Some guy
3,644 Posts
Power valve should help cruising fuel economy. The engine vacuum will determine which power valve to run. What does your carb builder say?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power valve should help cruising fuel economy. The engine vacuum will determine which power valve to run. What does your carb builder say?
Haven't talked to one yet, just didn't want to sound like an idiot. But that's probably a good starting point (y)

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,090 Posts
Not in a V-drive, but in the jet a power valve helps greatly. I've tried two different cabs and the difference in cruising fuel economy with an without a PV are HUGE.

Running up river cruising rpm are typically 3,800 - 4,200. With the Progressive linkage the secondaries typically don't open up until about 4,200.

Generally run a 3.5 - 4.5 high flow PV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts