Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a reasonable baseline of how much a naturally aspraited 13.1 540c.i single dominator motor; fully cnc'd 325 darts w/ matched sniper intake. will make. Cam is a flat tappet (for now....).valve lift is .720. [email protected] 50 is 284* on a 108 lobe ctr. I know a mechanical roller would be superior; Just a ski motor deal. If...... and i say possibly if this combination makes 1.5 h.p per c.i i will be pleased. Would'nt mind hearing some of your opinions.;)
Thanks Bryan

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,090 Posts
Do you know the air flow of the heads ? With those #'s you can more than likely get within a few HP guess. ( +/- 10 hp) But off the top, your 1.5 HP # is probably close.

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
13 to 1 skiboat :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
13 to 1 skiboat :D:D:D
who cnced the heads.like sleeper said,hard to get real close without flow#s if you have them anyone can run it thru a program and get real close with the correct info,other than that you are really pissing in the wind imo.

i have looked around but can not find #S for these heads and it will also depend on who cnced them.

imo that is one hell of a large flat tappet cam profile;)good luck,travis

yeah tom 13.1 ski boat me like that:)devil

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,090 Posts
360 CFM x 2 = 720 ....

360 x 2.1 = 756

If you can make 2.1 HP per CFM you're doing pretty damn good. The flat tappet won't allow max flow under the curve but the 13:1 will give it some serious pop.

My guess is, it will could make 740 Hp +/- 10 hp. More than likely 730 maybe 735. Just a wildass guess. But I think 1.5 HP/ cu. in is out with those flow #'s.

Sleeper CP :D

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
From the guy who plays with DD way too much, 700HP.

Way up at 6,500RPM or so.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
i played with my dd to with some close flow#s i thought and came up with around 725 give or take.;)the flat tappet is killing it big time,imo.:)sphss

just like smokin said,6500 rpm

but in the real world who really knows these programs do get close but not on the money.good luck

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
When all else fails blame the boat & set up not the motor! No seriously plans are to dyno as soon as i start to become a team player in another form of racing atleast with the donovan.:)hand
you should not have given up on that boat. you were close.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts