Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make pre-made wiring harnesses? I need to hook up the gauges in my boat, but my wiring skills aren't too good. I have just a five gauge set up, and that the only thing I want a pre-made for. Any ideas? I can make one on my own if I have to, it just won't be as clean looking. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Several years back Greag Shoemaker made one for my 21 Daytona.
I drew up a detailed blueprint of all gauges/locations/runs/turns/lengths down to the 1/8" .
I remember him telling me it was one of the most precise he's ever had sent to him. When it arrived everything was spot on however nothing was labeled (little disappointed about that):rolleyes: but because they followed my schematic to the letter it fell right in place like it was factory wired.
I would have done it myself but didn't have the time.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Do they make pre-made wiring harnesses? I need to hook up the gauges in my boat, but my wiring skills aren't too good. I have just a five gauge set up, and that the only thing I want a pre-made for. Any ideas? I can make one on my own if I have to, it just won't be as clean looking. Thanks
Cp performance carries pre fabbed harnesses for specific applications.. the prices arent to bad. check em out.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Made my own. Take your time and use the right materials and you will be happier with it. Besides, if something ever goes wrong you know what went wrong and where to go to fix it. Every application ends up being atleast a little bit custom, so the off the shelf onestend not to install as clean IMO.

·
bilge rat
186 Posts
I can spin up any harness ya need just need specs on how long.......oem color codes and sealed brazed wire ends 419 473 boat (2628) john

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Tom(jbp) did mine just how hammer said shoe did his,custom fit to gauge location, ect,ect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts